addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Playtest UK Games Meetup Group Message Board › Playtest Group Newsletter #1 (March 2012)

Playtest Group Newsletter #1 (March 2012)

Rob H.
user 11129400
Group Organizer
Surbiton, GB
Post #: 1
Dear Playtester,

As Playtest grows I thought it might be good to have a monthly newsletter for the group, with some news of interest. So here goes.

News:

First of all, congratulations are in order as February has been a very good month for Playtest members in the Hippodice and Europa Ludi game contests open to as-yet unpublished designs.

Brett Gilbert won the Hippodice competition with his design ‘Brethren of the Coast’, which was playtested at the club last year.

More good news for Brett, as he and Matt Dunstan also have designs in the second round of the Europa Ludi prize. Matt’s game is called ‘Wandering Monk’ and Brett’s is named ‘Gnomes of Hawthorn Hall’. Again both games have been playtested at the club recently.

The second big news this month is that Playtest has joined www.meetup.com, which is a website that should make it easier to organise the meetings and allow for more member interaction and communication.

The relevant webpage is www.meetup.com/Playtest/­

Please sign up as soon as you can. It is free to register as a member and it will keep you up-to-date with the meetups, as well as providing discussion boards and other useful features. If you have an iPhone or Android phone there is also a handy app that allows you to check meetups on the go.

The Playtest blog will stay on the www.playtest.co.uk­ website, which I am planning to re-design this year.

Finally, Playtest will be at the UK Games Expo again this year from Friday 25th - Sunday 27th May 2012. This is a great opportunity to get more playtests in a day than you normally would in a year. Last year we had a great time and the after-show games went on into the early hours.
Let me know if you would like to help out on the Playtest stand. You will get free entry and a free Playtest t-shirt (Wow!) (www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk­ )

Next Playtest Meetup: Sunday 18th March at the Old Star pub in St. James’, London SW1H. Playtesting from 1pm-7pm.

Let me know your thoughts on the newsletter, meetup.com or anything else that you are interested in. All feedback gratefully received.

I look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Happy Gaming!

Cheers, Rob

W – www.playtest.co.uk­
T - @playtestuk­

Rob H.
user 11129400
Group Organizer
Surbiton, GB
Post #: 2
Just thought I would post last month's newsletter as well, so all of them are in the same place.