Playtest UK Games Meetup Group Message Board › Good articles about Game Design/Playtesting

Good articles about Game Design/Playtesting

Behrooz S.
user 8748997
London, GB
Post #: 179
An article I mentioned to Rob:
http://www.wizards.co...­

Written by Mark Rosewater (Head Designer of Magic: the Gathering) on the subject of playtesting.

It might be good to get any GREAT articles all in one place?
Rob H.
user 11129400
Group Organizer
Surbiton, GB
Post #: 12
Bez, thanks for the article. It still amazes me how they manage to balance such a huge game as Magic, and there are many lessons for game designers here.

At the moment, a new website for Playtest is being created and a design resources section will definitely be included, so keep an eye out for any good articles that could be shared with Playtest members.
Behrooz S.
user 8748997
London, GB
Post #: 193
http://www.kickstarte...­

30 days seems to be the optimum length but it's possible that this is correlation as opposed to causation.
James W.
JamesWallis
London, GB
Post #: 7
According to my research and experience, Kickstarters break down into three acts: the exciting first few days, the quiet mid-zone and the exciting last few days. Extending the duration beyond 30 days just extends the quiet mid-zone, at the risk of potential backers getting bored or forgetting about the project. Takeaway: you spend more time, for probably the same amount of money.
Rob H.
user 11129400
Group Organizer
Surbiton, GB
Post #: 13
Thanks for the tip, James and congratulations on your successful Kickstarter campaign for Alas Vegas.

Also, anyone interested in Kickstarter analysis might be interested in www.kicktraq.com