Playtest UK Games Meetup Group Message Board › EN71, manufacturing and safety legislation.

EN71, manufacturing and safety legislation.

Dave C.
user 79669002
London, GB
Post #: 1
I can feel myself dozing off already... but this is actually a serious topic.

I've just started delving in to the intricacies of getting Rock, Paper, Scissors, BANG! manufactured. I'm doing it all myself and have got competitive quotes - so it's a go-er.

BUT, to sell in the UK/EU I'll need a CE mark, and to get that it seems that I'll need to have the components tested (and of course the extra cost of getting stickers made)..

Some of you guys must have been through this, have you got any suggestions, pointers or advice you could impart?!

Any help appreciated!
Thx
Dave
Rob H.
user 11129400
Group Organizer
Surbiton, GB
Post #: 14
Sorry for the late reply, I only just noticed this discussion thread.

Your best bet for advice is to contact the British Toy and Hobby Association (www.btha.co.uk). Are you planning to do the actual manufacturing yourself? If you are buying in components, then you can get a relevant safety certificate for each one from your supplier.

Large retailers will ask for your safety certificate, so if this is your intended sales avenue, then you will need to pay for your own testing.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Rob