Playtest UK Games Meetup Group Message Board › Nine Worlds Geekfest 2013

Nine Worlds Geekfest 2013

Rob H.
user 11129400
Group Organizer
Surbiton, GB
Post #: 23
Nine worlds is a new convention that will be held from Friday 9th-Sunday 11th August at two hotels near Heathrow. It is quite a wide-ranging event initially funded through a Kickstarter campaign, with gaming of all sorts, sci-fi, costuming and films. There are more details here: https://nineworlds.co...­

We have been asked by the organisers to run a public Playtest Zone as part of the boardgaming strand, in a similar way to the one we run at the UK Games Expo.

So this discussion is to make everyone is aware of the event and to see if anyone would like to volunteer to help out at the Playtest Zone over the three days of the convention.

David M.
user 80043972
Melksham, GB
Post #: 3
I can certainly do one (Saturday) but more is going to be difficult for me.
Mo H.
Mo_Holkar
Ipswich, GB
Post #: 4
I'm away that weekend, unfortunately. Very inconsiderate of them to stage it so close to our wedding anniversary! smile
David M.
user 80043972
Melksham, GB
Post #: 4

Looks like the Friday could be possible too assuming hotel not too expensive. Definitely can't do Sunday.
Rob H.
user 11129400
Group Organizer
Surbiton, GB
Post #: 24
Hopefully, I will get some more details soon, particularly about reduced hotel rates. As it is the first Nine Worlds event, we don't have much to go on at the moment.
Rob H.
user 11129400
Group Organizer
Surbiton, GB
Post #: 28
Here is a link for hotel booking at the Radisson Edwardian Heathrow, which is where the boardgaming/ Playtest Zone will be situated: http://www.radissonbl...­

Here is some info about how to get to the venue:
"Shortest form: go to Heathrow Terminals 1/2/3 then to the bus stops, catch any bus that goes past the Bath Road Nene Road bus stop and say you're going to a hotel and don't need to pay. The buses should be the 140, 105, 111, 285 or N9. Get off at Nene Road Sipson Road for the Renaissance or Harlington Boltons Lane for the Radisson."

The hotels directions are at: http://www.radissonbl...­

There is all day parking for £10 at the Radisson or £5 al day at the bowling alley which is two doors down.

Still looking for some more Playtest members to help out, if anyone is interested. (This will get you free admittance.) As this is the first NineWorlds some details are as yet unclear.
Chris T.
user 52748272
London, GB
Post #: 1
I can help, easy enough for me to get to Heathrow. Let me double check the dates, but I'm not aware of anything happening that weekend.
David M.
user 80043972
Melksham, GB
Post #: 5
Unfortunately I am just available Saturday. I assume that will be busiest day though.
Rob H.
user 11129400
Group Organizer
Surbiton, GB
Post #: 29
Thanks, guys. More details coming soon.
Matthew D.
user 41865532
London, GB
Post #: 1
I should be able to make it as well.