Polish Club of Atlanta Message Board › Polish Easter basket Blessing Tradition

Polish Easter basket Blessing Tradition

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello - I am new to the area and would like to know if the great tradition of blessing the Easter basket is being carried on anywhere in the Metro ATL area. I have such fond memories of it as a child but have not done it in years, so I don't recall if it is done in the days before Easter or over the Palm Sunday weekend. Thanks! Looking forward to being part of the group! Wesołych Świąt Wielkanocnych!
user 8102191
Rochester, NY
Post #: 2
I'm sorry I didn't get to your message earlier my husband and I were away for Easter. There is a Polish Church in Lawrenceville, here is the website:
where they do the traditional blessing. But since we don't live near there our Catholic church knows the tradition and will bless our basket and I've seen some other churches here do so also. I hope you were able to get yours blessed and we look forward to meeting you at an event and bringing you into our Polish community here in Atlanta!
A former member
Post #: 2
Czesc Amber, thank you for the info....I look forward to meeting you and more of the Polish community soon as well! Doris
Anna H.
user 13914282
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 3
For any traditions which have religious roots you may also try the web site of the Polish Roman Catholic Apostolate at www.pcaaa.org