RAIN DATE: May 12, 2013
An event entirely for man's best friend featuring a wide variety of attractions for our canine buddies. It's not only a great event for dog owners and dog lovers, but also for both businesses that service the canine community such as breeders, trainers, groomers, vets, food, etc and those that just want to show their support for our animal friends.
• Dogs Welcome (We ask that they remain on a leash)
•Hartford Obedience Training Club Rally Course sponsored by Canine Company
• Free Contests - Sponsored by Petco (Let your dog show off their skills; top 3 per contest get prizes)
• Live music by Unprepared(11 - 3 p.m.)
• Doggie Bags (free giveaways) for the first 400 visitors (VCA Animal Hospital)
• Food & Vendors (Campion's, Rita's, Kettlecorn, breeders, vets, groomers, daycare providers & more)
• Rescues and shelters onsite with dogs up for adoption! Come out and find your best families best friend
• 9:30 a.m. dog walk w/ Country 92.5's Wendy Steele and her dogs Caleb, Barbie and JoJo!!
• Special guest judges for our free dog contests: Fox CT's Beau Berman and NBC Connecticut's Jeff Stoecker
• Demonstration by: Fidelco, Camp Bow Wow, DAWGS & Ju Long Wushu Center, Sickline Wood Carving
• Tea Cup auction and Silent auction featuring more than 50 items from local restaurants and retailers
•Enter our online Cutest Dog contest sponsored by Natures Variety. Enter at Paws in the Park!
• Free Spin Art sponsored by Camp Bow Wow
• Free Moonbounce courtesy of SW Park and Recreation
• Free Face Painting compliments of Camp Bow Wow
• Free Make and Take craft projects with South Windsor Library
• Scenic photo area for those great family photos
Check out our Schedule of Attractionsto find out the times for our free contests and exciting demonstrations happening throughout the day. No registration necessary!
NEVERS ROAD PARK, 90 Nevers Road
From Vernon (I-84 West): Take exit 63, take left off exit. Go 1.8 miles to traffic light. Turn right on to Route 194 West (Sullivan Avenue) Wapping Community Church on corner. Go 7/10 of a mile to light. Turn right on to Sand Hill Road. Go 2/10 of a mile, turn left on to Nevers Road. Parking on right. There is no parking on Nevers Road.
From Hartford (I-91 North and South): Take exit 35A (I-291). Take exit 4 to Rt. 5 (John Fitch Blvd). Bear left on exit. At light, cross Rt 5 on to Route 30 (Ellington Road). Go 3.1 miles to light. Turn left on to Route 194 West (Sullivan Avenue) Wapping Community Church on corner. Go 7/10 of a mile to light. Turn right on to Sand Hill Road. Go 2/10 of a mile, turn left on to Nevers Road. Parking on right. There is no parking on Nevers Road.
From Springfield (I-91 North): Take Exit 44 (Route 5). Turn right at light on Route 5 South. Go 4.3 miles to light. Turn left on Route 194 East (Sullivan Avenue). Go 3.0 miles to light. Turn left on to Sand Hill Road. Go 2/10 of a mile, turn left on to Nevers Road. Parking on right. There is no parking on Nevers Road.