May 15, 2013 · 5:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Whole Food Cooking Class –
Salsa, Sauces and Dips!
In this fun class, you will learn how to make different salsas, pestos, hummus, tzadziki and more! Knowing the basics of these fresh dishes will give you an excellent repertoire for entertaining and making light meals during the hot and sticky summer.
Once you know how to whip up a salsa out of any number of ingredients, or you can throw together a quick pesto, you can dazzle your family and guests (and yourself) with fresh and vibrant flavors created from real and whole foods.
Snacking and dipping takes on a whole new dimension when you have these dishes up your sleeve.
In this 4-hour class we will explore the basic formulas of these sauces and make some specific ones to eat and take home.
We will learn the art and value of:
- Salsa (with tomatoes, tomatillos, fruit)
- Pico de gallo
We will also learn how to eat these sauces
- Vegetable dippers
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
- Integration into a meal
Of course we will also eat some of our creations, so you shall not go hungry. There will be take-home items as well.
In this series of whole food cooking classes, each session will be suited for any level of experience. All classes will last approximately four hours and include demonstrations and hands-on practice. You will have food to eat and some things to take home, depending on what we are preparing. Recipes will be emailed to you after the class.
In each class we will:
• focus on fresh, unprocessed foods that are as close to their original form as possible
• learn about nutritional and health benefits of various foods, spices, and herbs, as well as oils and fats
• hone resourcefulness
• learn which foods love each other, which combinations work
• practice meal planning
• learn and practice handy knife skills
• explore the nature of a wide variety of foods so that you can improvise with ease
• eat and have a good time
Please get in touch with questions!