May 16, 2014 · 7:00 AM
Monument Square Park
Join us for Bike to Work Day this Friday! I'll be there from 7-8am to meet new bikers and drink coffee before work! Please come by and say hi if we have not met before!
Bike to Work Day is a nationwide event that celebrates anyone who rides a bike to work, whether he or she rides year round or just a few days each year. The event is not only aimed at reducing traffic congestion, improving air quality and public health, but offers a great introduction to riding a bicycle for transportation, fitness or just fun!
Onsite Activities & Promotions
• Photo booth where attendees can snap a picture explaining why they bike to work and we’ll post to Facebook
• Free drinks and refreshments for bike commuters generously donated by our partners at Big Sky Bread Company, Others!, Spartan Grill
• Safety information, including helmet fitting and handouts
• Mechanical checks, including chain lube and tire pressure check
• The first 25 City employees who arrive at the event by bicycle on their way to work will receive a $5 gift certificate to the Portland Farmers’ Market from City of Portland's employee wellness program.