Portland Maine Bicycle Commuting Message Board Bicycle Driving › Mall Riding Video 2-15

Mall Riding Video 2-15

Dylan
user 12017541
Scarborough, ME
Post #: 29
Some clips from riding around S. Portland last week. Testing out a new camera mount.

http://www.youtube.co...­
Geary
Geary
South Portland, ME
Post #: 14
I would be interested in your setup.
Dylan
user 12017541
Scarborough, ME
Post #: 30
I will try to take a pic of it today. Pretty simple using my rear rack.
Dylan
user 12017541
Scarborough, ME
Post #: 31
A simple bolt up through a hole in my rear rack, with a washer and locknut. The bolt is the same size as my camera tripod hole. It bounces around a bit on rough road as you can see from the video. I use basically the same setup for my helmet cam, with a bolt up through the top of my helmet.
Scott
user 5414356
Brunswick, ME
Post #: 260
For anyone interested in making their own camera mount, that's probably a 1/4"-20 bolt, the standard for camera tripods.
John B.
JohnB38
Westbrook, ME
Post #: 1,763
Keri Caffrey sometimes uses a camera mounted to a seat stay (the small tube that goes from the seat diagonally down to the rear axle).
mike
user 3053132
Portland, ME
Post #: 605
I want to get my camera mounted somewhere in front to make some short videos as well.
John B.
JohnB38
Westbrook, ME
Post #: 1,769
All of Dylan's videos may be found on his YouTube channel. Other raw video footage we've made are a clockwise and counter-clockwise mall loop.