Portland Casual Jams (for Musicians and Singers) Message Board › Country/Folk/Bluegrass Sign-Up Sheet

Country/Folk/Bluegrass Sign-Up Sheet

Rob "Bodhi" W.
user 3592524
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Post #: 41
Sign up here with your personal information if you're interested in doing some work on some tunes with this particular flavour.

If you're interesting in attending a Country/Folk/Bluegrass jam session, write down the following information, the best you can ...

Name
instrument you play (or multiple instruments) - and VOICE is a valid instrument!
preferred musical influences in this genre (or a sample favourite song in this genre)

Additional information which is important to note down ...

can you provide ...
- equipment (P.A., mixer, amp, spare instruments)
- a venue (garage, large spare room, empty office building on weekends, etc.)
- are you willing to help others coordinate? i.e., are you willing to take up the torch and be a project leader on this little endeavour?
- Scheduling preferences for times to jam (i.e. when can you come out and play, not the times that are bad for you)

/////////////////////

NOTE: I am NOT signing up ... at least, not quite yet ... so this is just an example -- and I am definitely not signing up to herd this particular bunch of cats! I have enough on my plate! One of you gets to take the lead on this! Instead, I'm just showing you an example of how to sign up with full information.

Example:

Rob "Bodhi" Wolff
Vocals, rhythm/secondary Guitar (not lead), keyboards
Preferred style -- Johnny Cash singin' Trent Reznor

- I have my own gear (keyboard, guitars), plus a P.A. and mixer
- I have enough space for about 8 musicians to jam with full equipment
- I would be willing to help coordinate
- I would prefer Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons
Gene (aka ".
user 6961105
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 1
I am: Gene( aka "eez") Nelson
I play: Guitar, vocals, autoharp, misc,
I like: classic country, folk, folk rock, bluegrass
I have:
--amps to handle 4 separate inputs, 8 channel mixer(ancient analog)
--acoustic and electric guitars, bass guitar, autoharp, mountain dulcimer, misc, etc
--space for ~8 in my living room, ~5 in my studio, mutitudes on the tennis court in back (don't know how the neighbors might take this, but they've bothered me enough that I feel obliged to give something back to the community)
And, well, I'm one of those loose moraled types that will make space/time for music whenever it may happen, except not before noon.
Jerome
user 7465895
Portland, OR
Jerome

Vocals, rhythm guitar (6 and 12 string), percussion toys
Influences: Bob Dylan, Greg Brown, Leonard Cohen, Gordon Lightfoot, Neil Young
Have AmpCan, mikes, and cords. Have a digital recording board with 2 inputs hooked up to my stereo.
Have space for about 8 in my living room.
Willing to help coordinate, but not steer the ship. Afternoon to evening schedule on weekends works well.
Asher W.
user 4816343
Portland, OR
My name is Asher
Vocals, guitar and mandolin

My wife is Kathryn
Vocals, rythm guitar

we have plenty of guitars, mandolins, and mikes
we have space for 20-30 people
we like Friday evenings and Saturday afternoon-evenings

Kathryn wants to do a "slow jam" in bluegrass, old country, and folk styles. A chance for beginners to participate more.

We will schedule a jam after our open mike in August
Jerome
user 7465895
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
In my younger days I used to drink Sloe gin, but I've never heard of "Slow jam" (>;. Sounds like fun!
shawn b.
user 6185312
Portland, OR
Would love to do a slow jam with Katherine, and other beginners...who knows, maybe we'll be able to work our way up to a "moderate jam" in the future! wink Count me in!

Shawn

ps....enjoyed listening to you all tonight...wish I could've stayed longer........
Diane
Dancingmommyof2
Hillsboro, OR
Post #: 12
I started up the Celtic group, but since there's only 3 replies there, I thought I should also sign up here.

Diane Robertson
Vocals, Guitar, piano, recorder.... I'm interested in picking up drums... ;-)
Good old folk music, I like Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver, Carpenters, many, many others... I have a "Blue Book" (is it officially called Rise up Singing?) or two...

- I have my own instruments, except no keyboard
- I have enough space for about 8-10 musicians to jam
- I would be willing to help coordinate
- I would prefer Saturdays/ evenings and Sunday later afternoons
Jerome
user 7465895
Portland, OR
Post #: 3
Celtic is surely interwoven in country, folk, and bluegrass! I'd enjoy jamming with Celtic musicians! Let's merge!
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi all,
Have not yet made a jam, but hope to soon....

I am Mark Hitchcox.
Guitar, vocals, upright bass (learning the upright, so "slow jam" would be perfect!)

I like anything from old Hank to Leftover Salmon. Been into Jimmy Martin's "Sunny Side of the Mountain" lately.

I have a small PA, a mic, 3 stands, extra 6 string guitar or 12-string.
I like Sunday afternoons, but Saturdays are good too. Heck, I'd show up on a Friday night as well.
-m-
Tom T.
user 5873973
West Linn, OR
Post #: 5
This sounds like fun.

Tom Taylor
Drums, percussion

I have been playing in acoustical groups lately, so amplification has been minimal or non-existent. I play with brushes or sticks, depending on the volume you want.

I don't have a place to share yet, but my kids will be in college come this fall, so maybe then...
I would prefer Friday nights or Saturdays.