addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Portland Hiking Meetup Group Message Board Odds and Ends › NOAA has a sense of humor...

NOAA has a sense of humor...

Jessica B.
JBB1018
Yacolt, WA
Post #: 42
I found this very funny. The Special Weather Statement for Cascade Locks this weekend starts out:

AFTER A RELATIVELY BENIGN WEATHER PERIOD THAT HAS LULLED THE AREA
IN TRANQUILITY...MOTHER NATURE WILL SHAKE THINGS UP AGAIN.

You can read more at the link below, but essentially I think its saying Spring ain't here yet and get ready for the rain!! Have a safe, fun, and soggy weekend out there on the trails folks!

http://forecast.weath...­

duane
user 6564426
Portland, OR
Post #: 107
Nice. It was even signed by ROCKEY.
Sue K.
user 13634270
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
Yes, I did receive the report. I am however from Chicago where we have more weather than Portland. I thought that is how all NOAA reports are in the Northwest. But surely I Jest, I did have a pleasant laugh.
Not hiking this weekend.
Jessica B.
JBB1018
Yacolt, WA
Post #: 43
Oh Sue, this is the best time to hike! Its the only time to get solitude on the more popular trails!
Henry
user 13314173
Portland, OR
Post #: 12
That is true, I am thinking of scouting/hiking Ramona tomorrow or Neakanie. Depending on which vehicle I end up with.
A former member
Post #: 54
I read it early this morning (0515) and thought perhaps I needed more coffee. Sue - Jessica is right, the trails are less crowded right now. I'm not a rain lover, and I read the forecasts frequently to limit my rain 'exposure'. Just this afternoon NOAA pushed the 80% chance of rain out to Saturday evening. Hope you have a chance to get out tomorrow ...
Hilary
user 7660218
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 32
I love hiking in any season. Just need the right clothing (gear) and I always find it enjoyable. I definitely agree that the trails are less crowded this time of year. Also, you can often see interesting critters. Saw a bobcat at Ramona Falls last time this year (cute!). 'Saw bobcat tracks at Mt. Adams a couple weeks ago.