The Portland Hiking Meetup Group Message Board Odds and Ends › Hike the Top 25 Trails in the Gorge Challenge - Friends of the Columbia Gorge

Hike the Top 25 Trails in the Gorge Challenge - Friends of the Columbia Gorge

Jessica
JBB1018
Yacolt, WA
Post #: 46
I'm thinking this is total doable - who wants to join me??

This year marks the 25th Anniversary of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area and "Friends of the Columbia Gorge" is celebrating by challenging Gorge lovers to hike the Top 25 Trails in the Gorge between now and October 31st. All participants who register and hike at least one trail will receive a commemorative Friends' 25th Anniversary souvenir. Those that complete all 25 trails will be entered into a raffle drawing for outstanding prizes. Join a Friends-guided hike this spring or fall or hike on your own. Join others and take part in this celebratory event to recognize the significance of the Act and Friends' dedication in preserving and protecting this world-renowned scenic treasure.

Check it out:
https://org2.democrac...­
Henry
user 13314173
Portland, OR
Post #: 13
count me in :-)
Jessica
JBB1018
Yacolt, WA
Post #: 47
I guess I should clarify - you need to register yourself if you'd like to go for it but I'll start leading/posting hikes to those folks who are interested with a preference given to those who are doing the challenge!

Henry
user 13314173
Portland, OR
Post #: 14
I guess I should clarify - you need to register yourself if you'd like to go for it but I'll start leading/posting hikes to those folks who are interested with a preference given to those who are doing the challenge!

I'm going to give it a shot, I did 3 hikes this last week in the Gorge, Angels Rest,Beacon Rock and Eagle Creek (up to High bridge).
Thanks J.
Jessica
JBB1018
Yacolt, WA
Post #: 48
Sounds good! I've already done 3 of these this year and a bunch of the little ones could be knocked off in one day.
Aaron M.
user 13932386
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
Sounds fun. I have signed up.
Henry
user 13314173
Portland, OR
Post #: 15
mosier,beacon rock,and angels rest are a few that I identified as a cluster that can be done in one day.....driving might be the stinger though.
A former member
Post #: 34
This seems like a fun goal and they are a good cause for sure!
Rick L. J.
user 10833570
Newberg, OR
Post #: 40
I am willing to do this if we combine some of the short ones. Driving can be a problem but it can be solved. I consider anything less than 6 miles as short. Might be posted like the "women only hikes", only those registered can sign up for the hikes. "Friends of the Gorge" hike, Beacon rock and Hamilton Mountain.

Jessica
JBB1018
Yacolt, WA
Post #: 49
Rick, what I'm thinking about doing is posting a series of hikes that take us to these locations and giving preference to those who are signed up with the Friends of the Gorge contest.

I don't plan on leading all 25 hikes however and people won't be able to solely rely on me leading them to get them on the trail.

I'm thinking combos could be:
Angel's Rest/Devil's Rest Loop
Beacon Rock and Hamilton Mountain
Elowah Falls/Wachella Falls/Wauna Viewpoint
Multnomah/Wakheena Loop and Larch Mountain
Klickitat and Cherry Orchard
Coyote Labyrinth and Catherine Creek

That's 13 in 6 days!