Denise
user 33727282
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
Really trying to get into these group outting but seems the great ones I better know what I'm kinda doing. Really want to do overnight backpacking & snowshoe to lodge/cabins. That being said I want an easy snowshoe trail to get the hang of it. I'm in good shape, can go the distance once I get the heartrate & breathing stable so I'm going! Any good trail, rental or pointer info would be greatly appreciated. Thanx so much
Zachary
user 11075363
Portland, OR
Post #: 14
I like Otto's in Sandy- they rent high end snowshoes for ~$15/day. Trillium Lake, Twin Lakes, and White River are three good "beginner" snow shoes. Now that there's snow on the ground again the odds are pretty good that there will be more snowshoe trips posted in the not so distant future.
Denise
user 33727282
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
Thanx Zac, I'll keep an eye out for more outtings. Hope to see you on the trails at one of these amazing outtings.
A former member
Post #: 135
I second Zac's post. Here's a link to the maps posted by the Village of Government Camp. The conditions aren't always up to date, but the maps don't change.

http://www.mounthoodi...­

Be safe and pickup the Green Trails Mt Hood 462 map at REI as well.

Happy Snowshoeing =]
A former member
Post #: 401
My school is doing a trip to the Worm Flows for snowshoeing. Does anyone have experience there?