The Portland Hiking Meetup Group Message Board Plan & Invite › Hike to Devils Rest

Hike to Devils Rest

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi, I have been told that the hike up to Devils Rest is quit spectacular, I am looking to go this coming Friday or Saturday. Let me know it you are interested, it is about 7-8 miles.
Tyler
user 6494937
Portland, OR
Post #: 29
Perhaps you're confused with Angel's Rest? I was just there this last weekend and makes for a really enjoyable hike if you get there from Wahkeena Falls. The trail is overgrown with more berries than you know what to do with. Took me almost six hours to do a round trip because my stomach wouldn't let me go more than 10 feet without grazing.

But, the view IS amazing from Angel's Rest. Devil's Rest is in the middle of a forested hill top. Not much to see, but the hike is nice.
Rick L. J.
user 10833570
Newberg, OR
Post #: 114
There is a veiw point about a 1/4 mile or less from Devil's Rest. It overlooks the river with a veiw up river to the East. This is on the back side if your coming up from Angel's Rest.
Its a little side trail that takes off from the main trail.