addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Portland Hiking Meetup Group Message Board Trail talk › Bald Mountain Wildflowers !!

Bald Mountain Wildflowers !!

A former member
Post #: 168
We had an opportunity to get in a quick hike up to Bald Mountain this morning and found so many wildflowers blooming along the overlook. There had to be at least 25 different varieties up there right now.

We contemplated continuing on along the Timberline Trail, but instead chose to turn back before the thunderstorm started heading in and potentially spooked our dog. We ALMOST made it to the truck before the really heavy rain came.

Here are a few pictures I took with my iPhone. A partial list of the wildflowers I can remember seeing today is below. In some instances I just know the larger family ... I'm new to this wildflower identification game =]

Avalanche Lily
Beade Lily aka Queen-cup
Cat Ear Lily aka Subalpine Mariposa Lily
Columbine
Common Yarrow
Foamflower
Heartleaf Buckwheat (?)
Heliotrope
Larskpur
Lomatium
Lupine
Paintbrush - orange and red