The Portland Hiking Meetup Group Message Board Plan & Invite › Trail work party - Cape Horn, Sunday 20th

Trail work party - Cape Horn, Sunday 20th

Ryan O.
RyanOjerio
Portland, OR
Post #: 22
Hi Hikers,

I'm leading a WTA sponsored trail work party on Sunday the 20th out at the Cape Horn Trail. Sorry for the short notice, but if you're looking for a fun way to give back to trails, send me a note and I'll get your registered. Or you can check out our registration page at: http://vols.wta.org/w...­

Our events kick of at 8:30 am and we aim to be back at the cars no later than 3:30 for pop and cookies. You'll want to bring sturdy work boots, work gloves and clothes appropriate for the weather. (The weather looks like it is going to be really nice, but bring raingear and warm clothes just in case).

Our project is to continue construction an a reroute that is moving the trail off of sensitive habitat. Basically it is new trail construction so we're brushing out the trail corridor with loppers and handsaws, digging the tread and in some places we may be building rock retaining wall to support the tread on steep side hills.

- I hope I can inspire some of you to join me! - Thanks, Ryan