add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Portland Hiking Meetup Group Message Board Odds and Ends › Hikes on Sundays and Mondays ??

Hikes on Sundays and Mondays ??

user 6977126
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
Good morning ~
I am wondering if anyone is available for hikes on Sundays and Mondays? I know a lot of the hikes occur on Saturdays, and unfortunately, that is a work day for me! Recently, I have hiked Ruckle Ridge, Hamilton, Table and Eagle Creek - and would love to get out and hike those again, or any other hikes in WA/OR Gorge area. I have next Sunday and Monday free - I don't have a vehicle and am of course more than willing to share gas costs.

Let me know if this sounds interesting!
peace, brooke.
A former member
Hi Brooke!

Sunday & Mondays are my days off so I would love to get some hiking in!! I'm free on the 30th for a hike and have a car? I'm not in the best shape right now (hense the reason I joined this group) and am really working on changing that! I've really missed hiking and am excited to welcome it back into my life!! biggrin

Let me know what you think!
Smiles, Dorinda
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Brooke,

I can often make Sundays and Mondays work. My schedule varies from week to week though. Driving shouldn't be a problem. Let me know if you have any dates in mind.

A former member
Post #: 10
I am available many Sundays (and Tues and Thurs). I live in E. Vancouver, so have a car for ride share. I hike with several groups both sides of the gorge but some weekends I pass since the hikes are either too long (I like to do 4 to 7 miles) or too short (with the price of gas, no longer drive 50 miles for a 2 mile theme hikes : ) I also like to do in town hikes at Mt. Taber and Forrest Park as well. Next Sunday 7/6, I am in town, although its the holiday weekend.
A former member
I also have Sundays and Mondays off. I haven't been able to go to the other hikes, as most of them are on Saturdays or during the week, which I can't do either. I love the gorge hikes and usually go alone, since my husband isn't always up for it. I actually like going on Mondays because the trails are less crowded, but during the summer, I'm not sure it matters. I am in Beaverton and also have a car. I am available July 19/20 or any Sun/Mon in August.
A former member
Post #: 3
Good Day:
I also would be interested in hiking on Sundays/Mondays! I'm a Science teacher of Middle Schooler's off for summer recess. I would also be interested in overnights if the hike was to some pristine areas. I know of a Great one just North of Stevenson. I can drive with a Van full of gear!
Enjoy the Sun!
A former member
I prefer weekdays as well. Will be out of town until early August. I do have a car, and am happy to drive. I will bring my (hypo-allergenic) dog. I keep him on a leash during hikes.

A former member
I can do sundays... Is any one interested in doing a day hike out to cape look out one of these weekends?
A former member
Post #: 88
Sundays are good. Keep me in the loop.
A former member
Hi Brooke
Feel fortunate to have seen your post---I have Mondays off and have been filling them solo at Forest Park or the Gorge. Would enjoy going with any groups that are into a Monday hike (trails you listed or the like would be great!) I also have a vehicle that is drawn to the trails! I'm definitely interested.