Portland International Adventure Travel Club Message Board › Dutchy looking for locals with good advice or even local travel companions

Dutchy looking for locals with good advice or even local travel companions

user 19614551
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
I am being bold and adventurous...so here it goes...I am Marjolein, Dutch, and exploring new ways to use the internet to meet people who can help me out. This site looks like a excellent place to start.

In October I'll be travelling to Portland to visit family (my dad and his American wife) and hope to go and explore your part of the world for a couple of weeks. As I am not really planning to travel with my 70 year old father for 2 weeks, I was wondering if there are some local-fellow-travel-enthousiasts who want to join me on my trip. Or who know people who might be interested.

I am single, 37 years young and have travelled the globe a bit, well a lot. But... travel in the USA is somehow a bit difficult to estimate. Where do I meet other travellers, on a tight time schedule? Where do I meet Americans that have the same plans? That would be even more fun: meet locals that have the same interests and want to share (local) experiences!

Can anyone help me or do you know people that can? or is this the wrong approach? It would be great to get good advice.
As we say in Holland: Groetjes