addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Portland International Adventure Travel Club Message Board › Hello :-) Does anyone want to discover AU / NZ

Hello :-) Does anyone want to discover AU / NZ

This message board is read-only.

jillian
user 11878162
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 3
I am looking for other travelers or people who have gone and can help me with the travel to go to AU fly into SDY and work the way up to Carins and maybe over to NZ.

Please respond or send email with interest or info.
Thanks very much
Michelle
user 10744980
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
I'm interested...depending on when you're planning to go.

Michelle - Portland
A former member
Post #: 1
I was in New Zealand for about 7 months last month. Backpacked a lot. Also a Permanent Resident of NZ. But likely will give up the status at the end of the years I am too busy to return there. lol.

Be happy to provide advice.
Michelle
user 10744980
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
Boy, Michael, do I want to talk to you. I have QUESTIONS. I'll write more later...and feel free to ignore if I ask you too much!
Jovian
JovianMoon
Portland, OR
Post #: 6
I have been to Oz once and NZ twice. I would love to visit again, though the timing of the trip will be the catch ... have some other travels I need to juggle. Do you have any dates yet? Is there flexibility?
A former member
Post #: 2
Boy, Michael, do I want to talk to you. I have QUESTIONS. I'll write more later...and feel free to ignore if I ask you too much!

LOL. If you like to party, you should definitely get on the travel bus in NZ and you'll meet tons of fun folks from everywhere in the world. :-)
Michelle
user 10744980
Portland, OR
Post #: 3
Fun! That would be great!!
jillian
user 11878162
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 4
Oh so wonderful ---I got responses!
I just checked the message board for my post this morning--i will have to change how to get responses to you all--or please please email me thru this site!
I have found that for $ 1680. thru the end of the month= By Aug. 28. A flight from PDX to SDY with a flight to Cairns and back- have to have a 2 night stay there...planning on at least 5 days - to snorkle the great barrier reef!!

PLEASE lets see what we could plan ---
I need to book double occupancy! I am a woman who would prefer to do trip with another woman or a mixed group...
Was also thinking about doing part of trip solo...

Jovian
JovianMoon
Portland, OR
Post #: 7
Hi Jillian. Hmmm, I could add on as part of a mixed group. Do you have travel dates chosen yet? I have been to both Australia and NZ and have considered moving there in the past. Wonderful people, wonderful climate!
jillian
user 11878162
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 6
Who can make it this week? Let's meet THIS week for possible planning and booking low rates laughing Tuesday or Thursday evening(s) close to Vancouver. Wednesday I will be at Uptown Billards. Can meet there after pool playing ;).
TRAVEL TIME is Nov to Dec 2011 time is flexiable.
Please bring your info about travel to AU / NZ -disscussion for: places to stay, time to visit , do you have Visa prep and Passport? and how to get that ready before leaving and the time to process, car rental=your costs that you have found.

I am really excited and bummed that i didn't get the great deal/sold out but there is one about $1900.
Please if you have ever wanted to go - come to a meeting or email me and get this trip moving prefer before end of August. The USA dollar keeps being devalued, just keeps getting more expensive--my reasoning's for going this year.

** send me an email - go to jillian's picture and under it is the open email link
Thanks!