Portland LGBT Cycling Message Board Portland LGBT Cycling Discussion Forum › I need your input please. I want to ride this weekend

I need your input please. I want to ride this weekend

Radfield J.
Radfield
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Hey Riders,

I want to schedule a ride for Saturday or Sunday this weekend.  It is supposed to be clear and crisp with a minimum of precipitation.

I am not as familiar with your needs and wants with regard to ride length, difficulty terrain.  I am thinking of a quick Sauvie Island ride because I am familar with the route.  We could alternatively do a Sweetwater corridor ride.

Please weigh in on you preference for:

• Start time
  • Preferred day to ride:  Overall and this weekend.
  • Distance
  • Terrain

Once I have a feel for preference, I will post the ride.  It is hit and miss this time of year with the weather so get out and ride.

I would like to have a place to meet for coffee before/during/or after the ride so we can socialize a bit.

I am anxious to get to know other GLBT riders and to be part of the community.

I look forward to meeting you in person,

Rad Justice
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Rad,

I've been a fair weather bike commuter for a couple years now and think I'm ready for some more challenging rides. I joined this group hoping to find some more experienced people to ride with. 4 or 5 miles is the most I've biked in one stretch so far, and all that in the Portland metro area. If there was a bike set to go out to sauvie island I think that would be great. I would go. Also, if any other members are wrench monkeys I think it would be awesome to have some bike repair clinics where we teach eachother and work on our bikes. Anyway, I hope that there will be come more rides coming up!

Teale
Doug
user 70506422
Portland, OR
We would love to ride. we're not fond of the Sauvie Island ride because of all of the car traffic (and carbon monoxide), but are still willing to do it. We prefer the routes dedicated to bike traffic (i.e. Springwater trail to Gresham). The greatest place to meet is Vintner's Cellar (located at 1111 NW 16th Ave, Portland. between Marshall and Northrup). Very good atmosphere and great wine as well as beer and food.

Hope we can meet up and ride.
Hugs,
Doug and James
Radfield J.
Radfield
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Hey Doug and James,

I have just about wrapped up training for my two big summer rides AIDS/Lifecycle and STP (with the Ride4CAP Team) I would like to schedule some mid week and weekend rides through the summer and fall.

I was thinking of setting the first Meet up for next Wednesday after work. Would you guys be interested or are you strictly weekends? I have just gone car free so my start point would downtown, Pearl, Esplanade East or West.

Give me a shout directly (Radfield@att.net) we can work something out.