69 Leach Hill Road, Casco, ME
Price: $11.00/per person
Let's go horseback riding!
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early at 10:45am.
One of our members has graciously given us the opportunity to go horse-back riding again! Let's take advantage of this opportunity! Please plan on a $10 donation minimum + the $1 meetup fee as Tiffany is once again offering us this wonderful opportunity for free. Due to limited space, priority for this event will be given to people who did NOT attend last the last two horseback riding events.
*Please wear appropriate clothing!
*This includes sneakers or boots (no open toe shoes or sandals please)
*This will be a trail ride at walking pace and is suitable for beginners.
*Horses will be provided. However, if you own your own horse and would like to bring them, you may.
*Please bring a picnic lunch. We will have a group lunch in between the rides.
Requirements to Ride Carousel Horse Farm Horses
1. All riders must be six years for beginner ride and 13 for intermediate ride or older. Younger children can do intermediate if they are currently riding and taking lessons and have been for at least a year. Trot and canter are at the discretion of the guide.
2. All riders are required to wear helmets. (bring your own or use one of ours must be SEI certified for horseback riding, no bike helmets)
3. A liability release must be read and signed by all riders or their legal guardians before the ride. (please arrive ten minutes early to read and sign release and be fitted with a helmet) or you can request that we e-mail you copies to be read and signed before arriving.
4. All riders must wear long pants and shoes preferably with a heel. No sandals or open toed shoes.
5. All riders must obey and be capable of understanding the guides' instructions throughout the ride.
6. Failure to follow any of these instructions can result in immediate termination of your ride without a refund!!
You may view Carousel Horse Farm's Website at the link below:
I look forward to seeing you there!
Hi Kevin, the meetup is designed for beginners, so we usually only do a walk. However, I will check with Tiffany to confirm if there will be any opportunity for more experienced riders. We split the group up and complete 3 separate rides. When you aren't on a ride, we socialize and have a picnic lunch together. I usually tell people to plan on being at Carousel Horse Farm for about 2-3 hours total.
0 · May 14, 2012
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.