PDX Permaculture Message Board › Resource Exchange: Post things you HAVE or NEED here!

Resource Exchange: Post things you HAVE or NEED here!

A former member
Post #: 10
Edie, Lars, Linda, Glyness, so sorry for the delay! I thought I had my preferences set up to email me when this message board was updated- I guess I was wrong!

The website is http://www.swap.com/group/portland-homesteaders-guild-swap-group/2884/­ .

Here's a video of how this website works http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KK9FrtSpobM­ . It is a very user-friendly site.

Looking forward to swapping with you! And if u have something for free, just note it in your ad :)
Chris
Edie
user 7986754
Portland, OR
Post #: 6
Have you seen the book
"Natural Architecture" by Alessandro Rocca? 2007 Milan Italy

I found it at a garage sale. It has examples of a living willow palace in Germany.
Auerworld Palace Weimer Germany 1998

Very inspiring,
Edie
A former member
Post #: 12
hey all, I've heard (& experienced) the Swap.com community site being clunky. Anyone else having the same experience? It is a new launch for them, so it wouldn't surprise me. We may need another option if so.
A former member
Post #: 18
I think I've found the solution: have any of you used Bright Neighbor?
It's Portland Born & Raised, and is the cleanest resource/skill swap I've seen thus far!
http://portland.brightneighbor.com/­

Options include swapping with anyone, swapping with only "trusted members", member "credibility scores" (kind of like ebay/Amazon ratings for people), attaching videos demonstrating skills/ items you have, creating "wishlists", more!

My username is crisbco if you want to find me :)
Please, comment!

Best,
Chris

A former member
Post #: 25
This site looks good:
http://chowswap.org/...­
they have 1 great advantage over other sites I've been seeing... a map! Which means you can just scroll & click around your neighborhood, seeing what food is aroundbiggrin

I also started another thread about rain barrels I have...
Dave H.
user 46652962
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
I just posted some free holly branches on craiglist:
http://portland.craig...­

Would love to see them go to a permaculturist!
Monique
user 9151223
Portland, OR
Post #: 4
Hi all,
A friend of mine is putting together worm bins for his kids at Hosford Middle School. Does anyone have a few pounds they can donate? If not, can you spread the word or recommend other sources?
Thank you!
Keith L.
keithl
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 1
Anybody need greenhouse glass?

I finally started to restore the old 400 ft² glass and cedar greenhouse on the West Slope property we bought, and there is just too much rotted wood. We would need to do a complete redesign and rebuild, and painting the wood and cleaning/repairing the glass every decade or two is too much work. The current single-pane design (even if rebuilt) has low R value and leaks like a sieve. It would require much natural gas to keep warm.

So, instead I will use 1.25 inch schedule 40 PVC pipe hoops and plastic - the Solexx material (made in Salem) looks good for 20 years. It seals better, and has a higher R value, so we can hopefully do our spring starts with solar heat only.

But there is about 500 square feet (estimated) of usable glass in the old greenhouse - mostly 16x18 inch sheets, some 16x20, some smaller bits. 0.095 inch thick. There was about 900 square feet of glass, including a box of spares, but much broke during removal, mostly because of very hard caulk.

Does anyone need greenhouse glass, perhaps replacement panes for your own existing glass greenhouse? You will need good transport boxes, this glass is HEAVY. I haven't taken out all the glass yet. If you want all of it for free, do the rest of the removal, otherwise I'll ask for some payment.

Keith Lofstrom keithl AT keithl DOT com
Randy W.
user 6751681
Portland, OR
Post #: 9
The all new Bright Neighbor can also help with this... check it out, there is already equipment on there: www.brightneighbor.com

And when you share your stuff using the item links, you get rewards for sharing too : )

http://youtu.be/M6-l2...­

A former member
Post #: 3
I have 14 potted bamboo plants, 2 hazelnut trees, and several (undetermined #) Italian prune plum trees needing new homes. $20 ea, or $250 for all bamboo, or we can work out another # if you want some combination in a large quantity.

Would also trade for landscaping or handyman work in preparation for selling our house.

Also: 4 wonderful, funny, delightful year-old laying hens who are just so much fun.
1 Buff Orphington who is very social with humans - actually, they're all pretty social, really - her name is Sonic; a New Hampshire red named Kirby; two Americanas, the most social by far, named Tails and Cuteness. Cuteness is the fearless star of the show - she loves to perch on humans and be paid attention by them, and she will let herself be held and pet and cuddled and isn't fussed at all by it. She is also not afraid of cats, squirrels, or other birds, and can defend herself quite well. She and Tails can also fly, but she is the big show-off about it, always perching on adult shoulders or on the coop.

They have been fed only the best soy-free, corn-free organic Scratch n Peck feed, and also they free-range all around our acre for worms and other delicious insects and whatever else they find. They are total pets and great layers - please don't eat them yet, they're only a year old and it's breaking our hearts to not be able to take them with us.

$25 each or same trade deal

And the most beautiful chicken coop/tractor you have ever seen, hand-crafted and solid, full of love and care, made by my brilliant husband and painted a lovely shade of blue. was going to paint sunflowers on it but didn't yet, so I have the paint for that.

Is made with plywood, low VOC paint, plexiglass windows, and hardware cloth for extra raccoon protection. NOT chicken wire. This is the really good stuff. Can be lifted with some muscle to be moved around.

$500 cash - it's worth more with how well it's made. My husband is incredibly meticulous.

email me at echota@gmail.com if you're interested in any of the above. Photos available on request, of any of it.