PDX Permaculture Message Board › Sharing Resources for the Sharing Economy

Sharing Resources for the Sharing Economy

Leonard B.
Leonard_Barrett
Portland, OR
Post #: 37
Hi All,

Here is a place to share information related to the topics Janelle Orsi shared at the Unstuck Economics and Legal Tools for the Sharing Economy events. Share away!

(And to start it off, I have a few great resources she mentioned listed below.)

Books:

Stark, Tina: Drafting Agreements
Levine, Steven The Book of Agreement

Links:

meshing.it is a website that tracks the multitude of online sharing-related platforms.
Upgeya P.
user 4532672
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 8
Here are links to the resources I mentioned, either in the large group or in my breakout group:

Community Supported Everything (CSE):
https://www.facebook....­

Compassionate Communication Group:
http://www.portlandge...­
kelley
user 13235947
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
After our discussion of the sharing economy and movement away from ownership to community-based living I am a little struck by this Ebay-Paypal lobbying effort that is backed by Quote-unquote Community groups.

Again this is CITIZENS FOR OWNERSHIP RIGHTS - Quoting their media page.
The following organizations have joined together to establish the Citizens for Ownership Rights, but any Internet user that cares passionately about issues that affect our ability to use the Internet to access information and goods on a global scale should be a part of the campaign.

Demand Progress
Public Knowledge
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Fight for the Future
Don't Censor the Net

I certainly want to preserve freedom of speech, and internet access, and of course I don't want corporations suing individuals for reselling their products. I certainly don't want us to be banned for reusing and reselling things. However, I just hope that organizations such as these don't feed a pre-emptive strike on collective ownership, and forms we discussed for preserving communities. There is a lot in a name. Stirring up emotion, and then spinning this slightly seems it could have a chilling effect on public acceptance the sustainable alternatives we discussed.

A couple of years ago, the DOJ put a quash on unions campaigns to get citizens to vote out state laws that hampered union membership. These were called "Right to Work" laws and unions spent huge resources to try to bring union membership back to the south by educating members about these laws. The US Dept of Justice undid their work by re-creating a "Right-toWork" campaign, and placing posters regarding civil rights in every worksite in the US, so that in the minds of individuals, the" right-to-work " became a positive instead of a negative, and further tarnished the reputation of collective bargaining.

Any thoughts ?