Portland Piano Players Message Board › New leadership for Portland Piano Players

New leadership for Portland Piano Players

Rick Nobleman
RNobleman
Portland, OR
Hi All,
Good news! Portland Piano Players will continue under new leadership. There will be five meetup organizers: Josh, Pauline, Albert, Chris, and me. The group will be sponsored by Chris's Classical Revolution PDX meetup group.
Some of the changes you can look forward to beginning in August are:

• More varied locations for our meetups. Not only will we have more people hosting at their houses, we will also have some meetups at public places, such as Elevated Coffee Co. As always, we will maintain our casual, anyone-can-play-no-matter-your-ability attitude.
  • Elimination of the $2 meetup fee. Instead, we will pass around the basket for donations to Classical Revolution PDX, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
  • New faces and ideas. Josh, Pauline, Albert, and Chris, will be added as organizers or hosts of our meetups. With this infusion of new energy, our group will be stronger and more interesting than ever. Of course, if anyone else is interested in hosting a meetup at their house or elsewhere, please let us know.

I want to thank you all for your continued interest in Portland Piano Players. Every voice enriches our harmony in a beautiful way.
Musically yours,
Rick
Diane Hurst
Diane_Hurst
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 98
This sounds great! Thank you Josh, Pauline, Albert, and Chris for doing the organizing :)
Megan Hughes
meganhughes
Portland, OR
Post #: 4
Now, if the times could be changed from Sat. Afternoons....
Frieda Safranek
user 73518282
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
Yes! Saturday afternoons are difficult to attend. Week nights would be great.
Diane Hurst
Diane_Hurst
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 99
Saturday afternoons work really well for me, most of the time. Week nights are more difficult to attend, especially during the school year. It sounds like a variety of times would be a good idea; then people can come at times that work out best.
Roger Cook
user 61799812
Washougal, WA
Post #: 1
Thats a Great Idea ,, Maybe for those that have Trouble finding time to Play the Piano on A Saturday, Might consider Hosting There Home,, for (((Play the Piano))) or a Friends Home, At a Time that Best suits Them :)

And then you Need not Drive to a Meetup Either ..

Have a Good Day All :)
Nancy Chiodo
user 78095582
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
Oops, sorry! I meant to Add a Reply, but mistakenly started a new thread! Please ignore.

My reply:
Saturday afternoons at 1:00 p.m. is a perfect time for me. If it is changed to a weeknight I probably won't be able to do it, unless it is a Friday night, which is also OK, say around 5:00 p.m. or so.

I am somewhat confused about the workings of any Meetup website. Do we still continue to log in and RSVP, post, etc. using the www.meetup.com/Portland-Piano_Players link. or do we go to the Classical Revolution PDX Meetup site? I went out there and didn't see anything specifically for pianists.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this Saturday!
Nancy