Portland SCI-FI Book Club Message Board › Prep Night for Game of Thrones trivia event

Prep Night for Game of Thrones trivia event

Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Hi all,
After that somewhat shameful (but fun) performance at the star trek trivia event(go ponfar!), I decided to do a little prep for the next one.   It's been a while since I read the Game of Thones series so I need to refresh my memory.  I signed up for a free month of dvds on netflix and have started watching DVDs 1-6.  Not sure how far that will take me in the series, but then I plan to reread/skim the last ones.  One good thing about those dvds (I got the blueray ones) is that you can access a lot of features that go into detail about the history, kingdoms, houses, and characters.  And did I mention it's free for a month?  Just an idea.  (BTW...I'm pleasantly surprised at how well done the HBO version is...)
I found out that there are lots of trivia quizzes online and I thought it might be fun to get together over happy hour or drinks and try some of them out.  Anybody interested in this?  If so, I can post it as an event.
Joey G.
Portland, OR
Post #: 4
I would be interested in this. Post it as an event!
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Post #: 58
Well, since I haven't heard from anyone else who signed up for the trivia event....maybe we should just forget it. I thought about doing it on the Sunday before but just realized there is an event called "Trekapalooza" that people may be going to...