Guided Kayak Tour $39, includes gear & kayak. CALL: Portland Kayak (503)[masked] open 7 days, to register "by August 4". Join 10 other singles. First-time kayakers and experienced paddlers alike will enjoy a unique guided tour of Portland around Ross Island on the Willamette River.
We'll paddle past an impressive blue heron rookery and possibly see bald eagles and osprey as we glide by Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge. There is an unparalleled view of Portland's skyline on our way back to the dock.
www.portlandkayak.com -Their trips run rain or shine begins at 9:30.
Meeting Place: South Docks of RiverPlace Marina. R-E-A-D carefully where to meet.
You can find directions to the RiverPlace Esplanade on the map page of our website, www.portlandkayak.com/map.html. When you arrive at the RiverPlace Esplanade you will walk down the ramp at the south end of the Marina to meet your guide(s). The ramp is located on the corner of SW Montgomery and SW River Drive. This is the same corner where the Harborside Restaurant and Pilsner Room is located. At the bottom of the ramp on the left is a locked gate, which is the entrance to the Marina. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled trip time. Your guide(s) will let you in the locked gate.
There are several small parking garages at RiverPlace. The Star Park, located just south of the rotary circle at the corner of Montgomery and River Drive is an easy option. You can also park at the city-run “Smart Park” at SW 1st Ave. and Jefferson St. This is a short walk from the Esplanade and the most economical parking available.
River Session -What to bring/wear:
• Avoid cotton clothing and anything denim.
• Quick dry materials such as nylon, capilene, fleece, etc. are recommended.
• If it is cool or rainy wear a thermal layer and fleece along with rain gear.
• For warm and sunny days don’t forget sun protection - sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses w/ strap, hat, etc.
• Appropriate footwear - sandals or neoprene booties are best, sneakers are ok- your feet may get wet
• Change of clothes
• Water Bottle and snack
• You may leave a bag with a change of clothes and personal items behind in the office.