This event is sponsored by Nerd Nite Portland. This is not a CFI event. To find out more about Nerd Nite, visit us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NerdNitePortland or MeetUp http://www.meetup.com/Nerd-Nite-Portland/
The zoo after hours is a lively place! Get a backstage tour of the Oregon Zoo in Portland on the evening of Saturday, November 16, 2013. This adults-only event will allow you to explore the exhibits, interact with animals, and get a peek at what happens at the zoo after dark.
When: Saturday November 16, 2013
- Saturday at 4:45pm: Arrive at Gate E in the Oregon Zoo parking lot
- Event ends at 10:00 pm
Oregon Zoo in Portland, OR
Cost: $40 Online registration and payments accepted through WePay. NOTE: You MUST register through WePay (or contact the Organizers) and pay before your RSVP is complete.
What you get:
- Access to the Oregon Zoo after hours
- Hospital behind-the-scenes tour
- Animal kitchen tour
- Predators of the Serengeti Exhibit Design tour
- Big cats tour and/or elephant tour (there were just lions born so the big cats area may be off limits, but the baby elephant is old enough to have that area back on the schedule)
- Bats activity
- Contact experience with reptiles
- Adults only, ages 21 and over please.
- EAT DINNER BEFORE YOU ARRIVE! There will be a small snack with hot cocoa partway through the evening, but there will be no dinner served.
- There is no smoking or alcohol allowed anywhere on the Oregon Zoo property.
- There is limited availability for this trip with a maximum of 75 people.
- Transportation to or from the Oregon Zoo is not included.
Payment of $40 per person is due upon registration, first come, first served. Registration and payment can be made online through WePay, or in person by cash, check, or credit card. Contact us for details.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 1:00pm on Friday, November 1, 2013
- Participants who have to cancel are highly encouraged to find a replacement
- The $40 per person payment is fully refundable if canceled at least 30 calendar days in advance
- If canceled between 15-30 calendar days in advance, 50% of the payment will be refunded
- If canceled 1-15 calendar days in advance, no payment will be refunded
- No amount will be refunded on account of weather and/or circumstances outside of the organizer's control
- Food and beverage for dinner (Note: alcohol is not permitted on Zoo property - sorry!)
- Warm and/or waterproof clothes for walking around outside at night