addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Portland Ski & Snowboard Message Board › The B squad - Saturday or Sunday at Meadows

The B squad - Saturday or Sunday at Meadows

A former member
Post #: 5
OK, Team Magnus, AKA the Portland Ski and Snowboard group is skiing elsewhere this weekend. I definitely want to head up one day this weekend and can take two people. I'll want to ski Heather or off piste and ideally go with others who want to ride/ski in the trees as well.

We went up yesterday and it was the best I've yet to experience at Meadows. Today was supposed to be even better. Did anyone go up today?

I see a few people already said they are interested and need lifts. Is there anyone else who wants to go and can drive?
David A.
user 9817790
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
I'm in - for a ride if anyone is going up on Saturday (tomorrow) or Sunday - just let me know.

Thanks,

David
ambrose_d(at)yahoo.com
Marc H
user 6072745
Portland, OR
Post #: 6
Maybe we can plan to still meet at Gateway at 7am on Saturday. We might have to take a few more minutes to organize rides since we won't have all the info ahead of time but at least people are used to the meet time/location...

Just a thought. I would like to go up. Prefer to ride (and chip in on gas) but can drive my 2WD w/ chains if necessary.
A former member
Post #: 6
Hey all, I'm heading out on the town tonight so will play it by ear tomorrow morning. It's more likely that I'll go up on Sunday. I will assume that tomorrow will be packed so leave as early as you can. We left at 7:00 last week and had to park in the overflow lot.
Josh
user 8116907
Portland, OR
Post #: 5
I would like to go up tomorrow but leaving from Gateway at 6:30 instead of 7:00. Have done a few trips up with Magnus (who's an invaluable resource, obviously!) and if there is enough interest for tomorrow--with the earlier start--I will do my best to arrange carpools & like-skilled groups for skiing/boarding.

Please email me through this site with skill level, if you're able to drive, and number of passengers that could be accommodated.

I can drive with room for 2, 3 max depending on gear, and am a black/double black snowboarder trying to ride trees & pow!!!!!!

Thanks,
Josh
Nick B
user 12444420
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
Brittany and I are headed up Sunday. NOAA says 3-7 inches tonight and 9-13 inches on Sunday!

Planning to leave at 6:30am from North PDX.

We have a few extra seats in our car with chains, or would happily carpool with someone with AWD.

Happy riding-
Lisa W.
user 10106047
Longview, WA
Post #: 7
Nick, Bob, whomever. Would love to carpool with anyone. My car or yours! I'm leaving Longview at 5am on Sunday - so I guess give me a call or text at 350-442-1464.
A former member
Post #: 7
Lisa - Nick, Britanny, and I are leaving NoPo at 6:45. We could squeeze in a 4th. It'd be tight but we could pull it off - but probably only with skis. I don't think we could fit a board. If that doesn't work, we can meet up with you at the mountain.

Nick, Bob, whomever. Would love to carpool with anyone. My car or yours! I'm leaving Longview at 5am on Sunday - so I guess give me a call or text at 350-442-1464.

Lisa W.
user 10106047
Longview, WA
Post #: 8
Hi Bob - I'm driving up with Brian Dailey. Text or call me about a time/place to meet, and I will meet you there (even at lunch) - I don't want any of you to miss good powder on account of stopping to meet :) We're only leaving at 7:30 so you'll beat us up there. Lisa 360-442-1464
A former member
Post #: 8
Lisa. I'm glad you found someone to accompany you. I didn't check the board at all yesterday. I hope you had a great day!

Hi Bob - I'm driving up with Brian Dailey. Text or call me about a time/place to meet, and I will meet you there (even at lunch) - I don't want any of you to miss good powder on account of stopping to meet :) We're only leaving at 7:30 so you'll beat us up there. Lisa 360-442-1464