Portland Ski & Snowboard Message Board › Shout out to those who are passengers and not drivers

Shout out to those who are passengers and not drivers

Lisa W.
user 10106047
Longview, WA
Post #: 16
Hello fellow skiers and boarders - I just want to echo a comment Magnus made earlier this season. It does cost your drivers a bunch of $$ to make their cars ready for the drive to the mountain. Aside from everything Magnus mentioned, there is the $25 parking pass per season, the $5 car wash and for me, $100 in chains (I bought a set last year and had to replace them this year and spend another $100) plus regular trips to the garage when weird things happen to your car because you want your vehicle road-worthy for you and your buddies to make it safely to the mountain. I'm not complaining or being a drama queen - I'm happy to make it to the mountain and glad I have a car that can get me there. Just know that there are people out there who are making a big effort to drive and if you are at all able, I would encourage you to do so! For me, I live in Longview so it's 108 miles one-way to the mountain so it's not only wear and tear on my car, but it can get pretty exhausting. I've driven to the mountain 7 times this season and only been able to get a ride once. I could do the math for you but hopefully you get the picture....