Portland Ski & Snowboard Message Board › Got snowshoes?

Got snowshoes?

Harlan S.
Harlan-
Portland, OR
Post #: 23
Anyone here into winter hiking and bringing along ye olde snowboard? I've been hiking up or around Hood ALOT since the first storm in late October but I usually go by myself or sometimes with a group that is specific to snowshoeing and such. I like to hike and bring my board even if I don't use it, but with other people that have done this before cus it just makes snowshoeing more fun! I have done this for many years everywhere from Deschutes to Santiam to Diamond Lake area (with the help of snowmobiles at D.L. smile) but Hood is still about a year old to me and all my friends live 200 miles away or more. I'd like to go with people that do this regularly but if you are fairly advanced in both snowshoeing and snowboarding I guess that would be ok. Just keep in mind I am not a guide service in any way, but just some dude playing the snow.

I've noticed that rules and guidelines are more enforced up here than down south since it's far more populated here (Hood), for trekking/boarding where ever you want. If you know what I'm talking about, feel free to shine some light on this for me...

Thanks