If you want to go on an exploratory trip with me to Indian Point TOMORROW. See description for a loop trip here: http://gorgefriends.org/display.php?modin=51&uid=4876. We may do only the Nick Eaton route up to Indian Point and come back the same way, depending upon how our knees are feeling--to avoid the noise of the freeway on the Gorton Creek route.
Don't forget to set your clock ahead and to CALL ME if you would like to come. Mary[masked] land line.
CARPOOLING: RT mileage is approximately 100 miles; we suggest a mileage donation of 10 cents/mile/rider. Exact change is welcome.
Note-this is a carbon-neutral outing, $.25/person from outings donation is used to offset carbon produced during the trip.
See the link below for a view of this hike.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Water (min 2 liters/person)
· Insulated sit pad
· Lunch and snacks.
· Water resistant hiking boots/shoes
· A water-resistant hat and gloves. Rain jacket and pants (even if sunny, ha, ha)
· Two or three layers of clothing that can be adjusted or removed as necessary
· Headlamp or flashlight
· First aid supplies (include an extra day of any medication you take)
· Pocket knife
· Fire starter (can be candles, chemical fire starter, backpack size fire logs)
· $$ for gas
· Gloves or mittens, sun hat
· Trekking poles recommended
· Extra food