add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Portland Maine iOS Developer Network (iPhone/iPad) Message Board › New Meetup: More iOS Development Discussion & Networking

New Meetup: More iOS Development Discussion & Networking

Brian R.
Portland, ME
Announcing a new Meetup for Portland iOS Developer Network (iPhone/iPad)!

What: More iOS Development Discussion & Networking
When: Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:00 PM

Where: 4 Tell Solutions
15 Franklin St # A2
Portland, ME 04101

Why: Let's meet and discuss issues of interest and get hooked up to a repository with which we can collaborate. More thoughts below...

One agenda item for the meeting can be to forge ahead toward getting everyone who's interested connected and famliarized with a code repository which we can use to collaborate on various projects.

Since the last meeting Tony's shown me how much more robust a tool like Zennaware's Cornerstone is for this than is Xcode. They offer a 15 day trial, so if you'd like to try it out wait until a few days before the meet up and you can use it then.

I've suggested an outline for one project I'd like to get started in the discussion group thread above. Stephen mentioned another framework with great potential linked here: http://www.datascienc...­[/url] (thanks for that!)

Now I'm collecting email addresses of those of us who'd like to be set up as "Owners" of the repository. I'll be putting a project there soon and would like to work with you all on something that we can all use in various ways, plus other ideas that come to you, if only for the sake of an discussion of a particular framework, etc.

Let me know ahead of time if you'd got something along those lines or others that you'd like to present and we'll give you the mic for 30 minutes or more, or just share as you go.

I'll update this announcement as more things solidify,

Thanks again for joining us,

Check it out!