addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Portland NaNo Message Board › So much good news!!

So much good news!!

A former member
Hi writerlings,

I have so much good news to share with you, I can hardly contain my excitement! Please excuse my copious exclamation marks.

First, a mighty roar of congratulations go to our own Dora Raymaker (write-in hostess with the mostest) for winning First Place in the Individual Category for her Sledgehammer Writing Contest entry! Go read her story here (and all the other entries here) and then go congratulate her in person at her next write-in (RSVP here­)! I also want to send a little thank you to all the Portland NaNo members who participated. I had a blast scavenging and writing and reading and listening with you all.

Second, I have been officially approved to be co-Municipal Liaison for the Portland Region by the wonderful folks at NaNoWriMo.org­. Now everyone can see my fabulous little purple plot ninja bunny, right at the top of the Portland region forums. Thanks go in large measure to Kim (aka Ariane) who gave me a good reference with the powers that be. She and I will do our best to shepherd you through a successful and fun November. Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions about or for the coming challenge and be sure to check in to the NaNoWriMo site after the October 10 reboot.

Third, I'd like to give everyone a recap of the exciting events we have in October to help everyone get their engines primed, so we can all take off with squealing tires leaving black tread marks in our wake on 11/01/11.

Collage for Writers
Brainstorm, story plan, or delve deeply into your characters by working in a visual medium
$47 per person incudes a one-hour workshop, materials, lunch and two hours of play time
Saturday, October 15, 12pm

Mini-Sledgehammers
4 prompts, 36 minutes of writing, loads of fun
Free!
Tuesday, October 11, 7pm & Thursday, October 13, 7pm

Wordstock!
Readings, workshops, writer's resources and books as far as the eye can see!
$7 per person for one day, $10 per person for both
Saturday, October 8, 10am-6pm & Sunday, October 9, 10am-6pm
(There's talk over in the NaNoWriMo.org­ Portland forums of a WriMo meetup during the weekend.)

Portland NaNoWriMo Kick-off Party
Get your stumpy stickers and meet other WriMos!
Free!
Saturday, October 29, 10am-1pm
Portland Central Library US Bank Room

There are SEVEN write-ins on the calendar for October. Now is a great time to finish up other projects or begin freewriting or outlining in preparation for November. Can't make it to any of those? Any member can suggest a meetup. Choose a location, a date and a time and click "SCHEDULE A NEW MEETUP" on the homepage to get started. If you'd like to have a repeating meetup on the calendar (just for November or on an ongoing basis) please let me know and I can set it up for you!

NaNoWriMo is so close I can smell it (or is that just my stale coffee?)

write on,
Heather (aka blackdotbug)

http://www.meetup.com...­