Portland NaNo Message Board › save the date: Saturday September 1st, 2012 at the Bagdad Theater noon - 4PM

save the date: Saturday September 1st, 2012 at the Bagdad Theater noon - 4PM

Max
bakersfamily
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Hi all,

As a fellow writer, and part of this community, I am hoping you will help me celebrate my 40th by attending a function in September. While this is not a writing event, as a fellow writer I am hoping many of you can come help me celebrate, and raise money for a worthy cause. If there are no objections, I'll add this event to the calendar on our meetup site.

Bagdad Theater
Saturday, September 1st
noon - 4PM
movie: The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
raffle tickets for various prizes $1 each.
cake!

In keeping with tradition, rather than a card or present for me, please spend what money you would like to on supporting the ALS Association.

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, also known as Lou Gherig's disease) is a fatal, progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. A coworker from SwiftView, Cheri, died from this disease. My good friend from middle school was just diagnosed last year, and I work with a man that was just diagnosed last month.

My friend Stephanie and an ALS Association representative will be there with informational materials and will speak briefly about ALS.

If you can't make it to the party but would like to donate anyway, you can donate directly to their website here:
http://www.alsa.org/donate/­

If you or someone you know creates goods or services, please consider donating something to my raffle, which will be on display outside the inner theater doors.

Your admission into the theater, collected by the Bagdad, will be donated by the Bagdad to the ALS Association. All raffle sales and donations given to me (and my helpers) will be donated to the ALS Association also. The space has been donated by the Bagdad, so if you get a chance, please find time to support and thank them.

Hope to see you there! Feel free to forward to friends and family.

Love to all,

Maj Britt (Max) Baker

AKA: BBI Red Phoenix