The Portland Metro Area Organizer Meetup Message Board › USE THIS DISCUSSION BOARD :-) :-) :-)

USE THIS DISCUSSION BOARD :-) :-) :-)

A former member
Post #: 35
Not yelling at you with the title -- just trying to get your attention!

After the challenges of last night's Meetup -- Micheil got stuck and so did I -- sure hope that the take-care-of-biz spirit in all of you prevailed and you shared a bunch to help each other. I really believe that we have to stick together since Meetup changes don't help the organizers as much as they could.

In that light, I'd really like to see people use this medium to share and participate electronically. While there is NO substitute for face2face, this can certainly help. We all get stuck or just plain run out of energy, so let's use the Meetup site as much as we can to connect and benefit.

If you had a question, idea or concern that you would have shared and the Meetup, what would it have been? Post it here and let's use this!!!

Here are some ongoing challenges:
• How to promote and build your group
• How to employ little tricks, perks to enhance attendance
• Whether to charge and how much ... annual membership fees???

I'm going to post a discussion on each of these. Let's see if we can share some good ideas this way!

Here's to building bigger, better Meetups!
:-) Sunny