addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Portland Metro Area Organizer Meetup Message Board › Organizer Activity

Organizer Activity

Kathy
WineGodess
Portland, OR
Post #: 244
Hi All!

I would LOVE to see more interaction here on the message boards.

While it is great to get together once a quarter, sharing info here, on the message board, could help all of us!

Kathy cool
Micheil
macmicheil
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 152
Hi Kathy,

I am sure once people figure out what they need or if they need something and we continue to have meetings, things will get much easier.

We would love to hear what concerns or question you had..Micheil
A former member
Post #: 818
I am much more likely to participate in an MB, as opposed to a meeting. So I'd love to see an active board as well. I suppose that means I need to put a little more effort in then. :-)
Micheil
macmicheil
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 157
Message Boards are important, but not everyone sees things as you do. meetings and physical contact are also important.

So let's use all the means possible to make this a more interesting site able to share and relate to anything that may come forward.

All the best. Micheil
A former member
Post #: 6
I agree and would add that all of us are finding our way with how to use this thing -- "Social Networking" -- and our needs/concerns vary so much. I'm happy to have both online and in-person options! So I'll throw something out there for you all to "chew on" ...

My Meetups are centered around personal/metaphysical-spiritual/philosop­hical topics and having fun with this stuff, so I didn't hesitate to open my home to host them until they get too big. My environment supports this kind of discussion very well. But with our cultural attitudes, it could be possible people are uncomfortable coming to the home of someone they haven't met yet. Love to hear any thoughts other organizers would like to share about this and ways to increase attendance :-)

Namaste,
Sunny
Micheil
macmicheil
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 162
People often find it difficult to determine how people will react. There are indeed folk who aren't comfortable attending specific venues. The secret if there is one is comfort level.

Share a few emails from when they start to join. Encourage dialogue and ideas. The more contacts the better to provide people a sense of who it is they are meeting and why they should attend a 'homestyle' event.

Every venue has its ups and downs. The reality of life is that people aren't necessarily ready for everything that occurs, but we can indeed make their lives better with a little bit of work.

The meetup site is set up as a good tool for networking. There are business, social, personal, and predictable groups here. Each has its own story and reality. So we have to make adjustments and changes as we can.

Good luck on your homestyle meetings. Should be interesting.!!

Micheil