addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Potomac Pedalers Message Board › B/BB/C rating system?

B/BB/C rating system?

Kristi K
DCKristi
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
I'm new to this group and relatively new to cycling with groups. Can someone explain the rating system that you all seem to use on this site? I see B/BB and C rides listed. Thanks!
Brad H.
user 53606482
Woodbridge, VA
Post #: 2
My understanding of the rating system comes from here

http://www.potomacped...­

Hope this helps.

Joe
JoeMorey
Vienna, VA
Post #: 62
The ride class system in a useful guide, better than going to an event and finding everyone wants to keep a pace much slower or faster than is comfortable for you. However the detailed 2 mph increments in the class table are misleading if anyone expects all participants to pay close attention; some do, others do not. There has been a long-standing debate in the Pedalers regarding "pace inflation", particularly in the middle classes where new members are likely to start. It is not unusual for CC and B rides to average significantly faster than their advertised class. There is also a lot of variation due to terrain; many do not slow that much for hills, and/or go very fast on flats and downhills. I have never done a BB or faster ride myself. C and D rides are casual, and the groups stays together.
Kristi K
DCKristi
Washington, DC
Post #: 2
Great, thanks so much, that's very helpful!