addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Potomac Pedalers Message Board › Question about Tour the Lion and Bike to the Beach DC ride .

Question about Tour the Lion and Bike to the Beach DC ride .

Anh T.
user 85241802
Potomac, MD
Post #: 1
I am a C/CC level rider, I am thinking of doing either Tour the Lion and Bike to the Beach DC ride

have anyone here tried it before? How hard is it in term of elevation and road condition , traffic etc?

Thank you very much.
Anh
Steven N.
user 8154392
Germantown, MD
Post #: 2
Send a link for the ride and maybe someone will answer. As it is, I can't see this on the upcoming calendar so I have no idea how hard /easy it might be.

SN
Anh T.
user 85241802
Potomac, MD
Post #: 2
Thank you, unfortunately, I tried but Meetup didn't allow to include links in the post so you may have to google it.
A former member
Post #: 51
I am a C/CC level rider, I am thinking of doing either Tour the Lion and Bike to the Beach DC ride

have anyone here tried it before? How hard is it in term of elevation and road condition , traffic etc?

Thank you very much.
Anh
Are you referring to the Tour de Lion ride? Here is the link I found for this ride:
http://www.helpmakemi...­
I haven't done this particular ride before but I have ridden in the Ashland area before. I have done the Heart of Virginia for the last two years and its beautiful and rolling in and around Ashland. No doubt the Tour de Lion is the same. There can be some challenging hills around there.
I haven't done the Bike to the Beach ride either but that sounds like a great ride too! Too bad it takes place on a Friday. Here is the link I found:
http://www.kintera.or...­
Anh T.
user 85241802
Potomac, MD
Post #: 3
Regina,
Thank you very much for your kind reply. Those links you posted are all correct rides that I have mentioned above.
I am pretty bad at climbing hills. May be because of my fitness level and my gear ratio , I have 11-23 cassette on my bike so climbing any long hill is a hard task for me. I am thinking upgrade them to 13-29 or so

Thanks again.