Potomac River Smallmouth Club Message Board › Important details for PRSC 340 to Brunswick float

Important details for PRSC 340 to Brunswick float

Mark M.
user 8663708
Group Organizer
Reston, VA
Hi Everyone,
This email is going out to everyone who has signed up for the trip and who has opted to receive updates.
Just a few items in preparation for our float trip next Saturday.
1) If you received an email from me asking you for a last name or other way I can verify your membership in PRSC (the club, not just the MeetUp) please be aware that you won't be able to participate if you're not a member. More info on the general MeetUp page and on this event page.
2) My mobile number is: 703-328-5843. Please feel free to send my yours at if you'd like me to have it. You could text it to me also but include your name in the text. This could come in handy for you if we have to make adjustments at the last minute due to weather or other unforseen circumstances.
3) Let me know if you have any confusion about where to meet. It's called Potomac Wayside. Instructions on the MeetUp site.
4) Shuttle service will be from the Brunswick Family Campground. Please bring $5 to help defray to cost of the shuttle.
5) A couple of people have asked how long we'll be on the water. Unless you're in a boat with another angler (in which case you'll decide jointly), you have total control because most of the vehicles will be at the take-out. The float distance is about six miles.
6) Some have asked about the difficulty of the float. There are several class II rapids on the trip. (For definition see: http://www.americanwh...­. There is also a significant (1 mile plus) stretch of flat water to paddle toward the end of the float. I will bring a river map with indications of the location of the significant rapids and "conventional wisdom" for where to go through them.