Potterdelphia Message Board › European HP

European HP

This message board is read-only.

A former member
Post #: 6
I can't believe I'm leaving for Europe later today. It seems surreal.

Anyway, I wanted the group to know that I had a WONDERFUL time getting to know everyone who was at the meeting on July 2nd.

I also wanted you to know that I will be on the lookout for any interesting HP items while in Europe. I'll be getting connecting flights at Heathrow so I'll definitely be on the lookout. Especially gossip mags or maybe unauthorized little action figures! Ooh, now that I said that, that's what I'll look for.

Have a GREAT time celebrating Harry's birthday. Hope it's wonderful weather. BTW, I wanted you to know that I actually visited Memorial Hall during the Bicentennial to see the huge birthday cake they had in there. Yes, I'm THAT old! Enough said.
Ree
freakapotimus
Washington, DC
Post #: 114
I wish I could have been there for the Centennial! Someone needs to get me a time machine :)

We'll want to hear all about your trip when you get back. Have a great time!!!
A former member
Post #: 7
I'm in a hotel in Vilnius, Lithuania. They have computers in the rooms. Woo-hoo! Anyway, I'm having a great time seeing the sights and learning some new stuff but - there had to be one - I haven't seen ONE thing about HP. Not even in Heathrow Airport. I did see the Goblet of Fire in a store here in Lithuania but our tour director said that the dubbing for television and movies is usually done by one person who does all of the voices. Strange and confusing to say the least. But I'll keep my eyes open for anything. I really enjoyed the pics of Harry, Hermione, and Ron. Put a smile on my face :)
A former member
Post #: 8
I found something unusual today! A Lithuanian nesting doll with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, and I can't make out heads or tails what the tiny thing is. It looks like a teller from Gringotts but why it would be there, I don't know. After I bought it, I saw a hand-painted one. Of course. And the last nesting egg was Harry's owl. Figures. See everyone when I get back! Cheers!
Ree
freakapotimus
Washington, DC
Post #: 115
That sounds awesome! I can't wait to see it :)
A former member
Post #: 9
Okay. I'm back. I have one week to wash my clothes, pay my bills, go to all of my appointments, and then I'm off with my parents to the nice and toasty Southwest to check out some National Parks. I'll be back at the end of August so I won't be able to bring my HP nesting doll until a September meeting.

I wanted you to know that I found an HP parody book in an Helsinki department store. "Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parodies" by Michael Gerber. This one big volume includes three U.K. stories - "Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody," "Barry Trotter and the Unnecessary Sequel," and "Barry Trotter and the Dead Horse." I've read the first 50 pages of the "Shameless Parody" and ... I hate it! I know it's a parody but the names are confusing and his writing style is not very good. It'll be awhile before I finish it. It's about 3-4 inches thick.

Anyway, it's good to be back in the good old U.S.A. I'm tired of all the money conversion and the way Russia and Poland are so "cash only" and that means NO traveller's checks! But at least I got some pretty stamps in my Passport!
A former member
Post #: 10
I added pictures of the Harry Potter Nesting Doll in the August 20th photo file. This way you'll have something to talk about on the 20th especially ... what the heck is the last nesting doll supposed to be? I still think it's a teller from Gringotts. Maybe we should have a poll to decide. See everyone in September!
A former member
Post #: 9
The last nesting doll looked like George Washington when I first saw it! I'm voting on it being Flitwick. Hope to see you in Sept. Michele. Have a great time on your next adventure!