March 15, 2013 · 1:30 PM
***You MUST have the Knowledge Reviews for all chapters done before you come to the class session***
You're pretty solid in your skills, you've had some advanced training... now you're ready to turn your focus outward, away from yourself, toward helping others. This is the class to do it!
Rescue Class helps you become a stronger diver by teaching you the skills necessary to help other divers in need... as well as help yourself out of a jam. Many scenarios are taught, both theoretically (classroom) and in a practical fashion (pool & ocean). When you're done with this, perhaps the most FUN class in the recreational pipeline, you'll be a more confident and skilled diver.
DATES, TIMES, & LOCATIONS
March 15 (Friday) at 1:30 pm: Classroom (4-5 hour session) 12546 Heatherton Court #41 San Diego. Park in an unmarked stall or out on the street. Have Knowledge Reviews filled out for Chaps 1-5.
March 16 (Saturday) at 3:00 pm: Pool (2.5 hour session) (Doug Ernst's pool. Contact me offline for address.)
March 17 (Sunday) at 10:00 am: Pool (2.5 hour session) (Doug Ernst's pool. Contact me offline for address.)
March 30(Saturday) at 6:30 am: Ocean session at La Jolla Shores (meet at the flagpole). (4-5 hours.)
Plenty of time to study up, but don't wait until the class starts. No bueno.
- Advanced certification from a recognized agency
- Completion of Emergency First Response course or equivalent (Adult CPR, AED, First Aid) within last two years. (I'll be teaching one of these before the class. See me about the date.)
- Be 15 years old or older
You must purchase the following materials:
- Rescue bookpack (from any PADI dive store).
- Resuscitator mask (if not included in the bookpack)
- Safety sausage
- Items that were required in Advanced class (dive knife, whistle, and computer or tables)
You must own (or rent) all scuba and snorkel gear.
What you'll learn:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
Join the fun now!