Want to go a bit deeper, but in a safe manner?
Some divers go deep, but not all of them do it correctly!
Are you a solid diver who is looking to up your game, but stay safe at the same time?
This certification counts towards your Master Scuba Diver certification.
This course consists of bookwork, filling out the associated Knowledge Reviews (in the book), going over those KRs with your instructor, and then making a series of four dives over two days.
- May 10 (afternoon): Dives 1+2 off a private boat on wreck of the Yukon.
- June 6th (All day): Dives 3+4 off a commercial dive boat on oil rigs (coastal Long Beach)
(Boat costs not included in course cost.)
- Dive 1: Conducted between 60 feet and a maximum of 100 feet.
- Dive 2:Conducted between 60 feet and a maximum of 80 feet.
- Dive 3: Conducted between 100 feet and a maximum of 130 feet.
- Dive 4: Conducted between 60 feet and a maximum of 100 feet.
At no time will divers be expected, encouraged or allowed to make dives that would require decompression stops.
- Participants must hold a minimum diver certification of PADI Advanced Water Diver, or an equivalent rating.
- A confined water training session may be required, at the discretion of the instructor conducting the course, to verify participant's skills level.
Course Cost: $195.00 (includes cert fee. Does not include book/crewpack cost)
Simply RSVP for this class and Bill will contact you with payment details.
BOOK: You must buy and study the manual, Deep Crewpack. Fill out the knowledge reviews in the book and bring them with you to the beach. (Video available at additional cost.)
- You must possess an alternate air source for these dives. (Pony bottle, sling bottle, doubles, etc.)
- Torch (underwater light) and backup light. It can be dark at these depths.
- At this level of training it is recommended that you are diving in your own scuba equipment, as it is the best way to ensure comfort and confidence. However, if you do not have your own, rentals are available at local San Diego shops.
PERIPHERALS: You must own and bring a compass, whistle, dive knife, and safety sausage (aka Surface Marker Buoy).
The PADI Deep Diver Specialty Course is part of the PADI Diver Continuing Education Program, designed to encourage divers to further their Knowledge and Skills under the safe supervision of professional instructors. It combines well with other such courses such as the PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Course, Search and Recovery Specialty Course amongst others.