Preparedness 101 Message Board › Fall Bugout?

Fall Bugout?

Varian W.
user 14171655
Peoria, AZ
Post #: 142
Are we up to a fall bugout? Well, I am, but is anyone else?
Anthony
user 13655563
Chandler, AZ
Post #: 60
I am game! I am booked this month but I am pretty open in November.
Sue
user 9818280
Gilbert, AZ
Post #: 17
I would like to!
A former member
Post #: 6
Are we up to a fall bugout? Well, I am, but is anyone else?

I am up to it, even thanksgiving weekend is good for me (I have 4 days off).

Weathers great now, why not?

Was thinking Superstitions, even DeadHorse Lake state park over Thanksgiving?

Anyone brave enough to drink the water at Dead Horse (after being filtered & purified)?
Anne J.
AnneJ
Glendale, AZ
Post #: 44
I'd love to but need a lot of notice so I can schedule myself off work. Booked up through Jan. 5 already. I just heard of a campground north of Carefree but not sure how the road is to reach it.
A former member
Post #: 8
Anne, if you are thinking of Seven Springs, yes its nice but you have to have a certain type of vehicle to get in there safely IMO.

We tried this summer in a 4WD dually, that truck was waaaay too wide & a big turning radius for the one to 1.5 "lane" dirt roads into there, & you have in places a 500-1000 foot dropoff, no shoulder, no guardrail, & around hairpin switchback blind turns. Some of the dually's wheels were actually hanging off the side of the cliff (when another car came around the turn the opposite way & wanted to pass).

Too dangerous IMO for us (we dont have another type of vehicle to get in there).

I used to have a utility quad & I'd do it in a heartbeat on that (did 75 mile trips on it with extra gas cans), but sadly, I had to sell it.
Anne J.
AnneJ
Glendale, AZ
Post #: 46
Thanks, good to know. Not sure if that's the one I heard about. I just remember looking at the map and thinking it was in the middle of no where. I have a Honda Odyysey so doesn't sound like it's the road for me!
Chris
user 48615992
Peoria, AZ
Post #: 75
I'd love to but am not into cold weather camping, so I'd be interested in camping somewhere south of Camp Verde this fall/winter.