addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Preparedness 101 Message Board › Fred's stepping down as The Organizer of P101

Fred's stepping down as The Organizer of P101

Fred H.
Phoenix, AZ
Good morning Fellow Preppers-

It's with a heavy heart that I'm writing this email.  When I started Preparedness 101 three years ago it was with the idea that quality information and experiences would be shared with like minded individuals.  Make no mistake the world is STILL filled with danger and uncertainty and it is evident that with our now almost 400 members, Preparedness 101 stands as a testament that there are many individuals who share concerns about what the future might bring.  Unfortunately, for me personally, this has been a difficult year with divorce, career and starting a new.  It's with all this, that I feel that I have failed the group in maintaining a level of consistency in having meet ups and "outings" and have therefore decided to step down as organizer.  I am extending an invitation to all of our members in hopes that may be one of YOU may have the integrity, energy and foresight to take the group to the next level.  I will be conducting in person interviews for anyone interested.  Feel free to call or email me so that we can schedule an informal face to face. -fred
user 9818280
Gilbert, AZ
Post #: 19
Thanks for EVERYTHING, Fred. You have been a great leader and have imparted valuable information. I have learned a lot, and am on my way to being better prepared as an individual and with my family. You have started a great group and should be proud to have been instrumental in creating this valuable community service. Yours will be tough shoes to fill. Best of luck to you in the future.
Varian W.
user 14171655
Peoria, AZ
Post #: 150
It seems to me that with a group this large, we have a lot of talent that is not being used effectively <raises hand in guilt>. I'm going to toss this out there for people to consider . . . instead of being the Fred and CAT show, I would like to suggest we form a planning committee to organize events and schedule presentations, and draw upon the membership's talents to complete the tasks. For example, I know we have firearms instructors, solar power, radio, electricians, trapping, planners, mechanics, skinners, hunters, (the list goes on and on) in the group. We have a broad range of talents, and I would like to see more sharing of knowledge. I'm betting everyone in this group can teach someone else something new, and I would like to see this change as an opportunity to reorganize the group into something more appropriate for 400 members. For that matter, we have enough people and talent that we could start our own micro-economy and start trading skills and services within the group. Bartering doesn't always put food on the table, but money does :) It may well be that's canned web page won't fulfill our needs.

Of course, for this to work, you all need to get involved. This may work, or it may not. I know my involvement dropped off over the last 8 months, but I will have more time starting in June to really get involved (been working 2 jobs, now I'm moving into a new house).

Anyway - just tossing this out there for discussion.

user 10635226
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 47
I'm with Varian and will do my part.
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 22
I can be done. Pull the talent from group members and those in the industry. While not the case with this group..I've attended other meetings where the organizer just pulled information from the internet. We here in Arizona are lucky to have so much talent to pull from...there's no reason to limit ourselves with just one or two speakers. The important thing to remember is to keep meeting with like minded people. We are going to need each other during the times ahead.
A former member
Post #: 9
I think we have talent, skills and knowledge that can be shared but the hardest part might be finding a location.
user 10746910
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 70
Agree on both fronts:
1) Thank you Fred for all that you and CAT have done.
2) Particpation level..needs to increase
user 8844231
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 76
I want to thank Fred for all his efforts and at the same time CAT, Rob, and others that have consistently been there and provided information and insight. You have more than earned a break to deal with other issues. I'm certainly willing to be part of a planning group and suspect I could present a few topics especially at the introductory level to new members and would be happy to do that. One big issue a lot of groups have is a meeting place. I suspect the Tempe site will not be available. Will the building in Phoenix still be available? We have people from all over the valley and any one site is a long haul for many of them. Likewise multiple meetings to repeat a presentation is a burden on presenters who have already done a lot. Maybe we could get serious about some sort of car pool arrangement to whatever site we find we have available.

This is the third of three similar groups that have run for a while and then are going dormant. It's certainly not for lack of interest from members or any shortcoming of the leaders. We just burn them out after a while. Let's hope at least this one can be kept alive.

Again, Fred, thanks for everything. I've been a prepper since before it was called that but I've still learned an awful lot from all your efforts. I hope you will still be with us as a regular member.