Prescott Freethinkers Message Board › Supporting our Fallen Firefighters

Supporting our Fallen Firefighters

Serah B.
SerahB
Gilbert, AZ
Good afternoon, Freethinkers. By now I'm sure you've heard that we tragically lost 19 firefighters to the Yarnell fire yesterday. This has been quite a shock, and an unfathomable loss. As we look for compassionate ways to respond, one of the Flagstaff Freethinkers, Annie Lutes, who is herself a firefighter, recommended we collect donations for the Wildland Firefighter Foundation. Donations to this organization go directly to the families of the fallen. This is a special and important resource for the wildland fire community.

Cori has offered to collect donations so that we can send a larger gift on behalf of the Arizona freethought community. You can also donate individually through the website: wffoundation.org

Thank you for considering a gift of support for these families during this horrifically difficult time.

Fondly,
Serah
Cori
user 9043273
Group Organizer
Prescott, AZ
Post #: 36
Hey friends,

I am available all week to collect your cash or checks. I will then give everything to Serah or Matt on Friday so it can be combined with donations from the other groups. If this timeframe doesn't work for you, contact me anyway and we can work out how to get your donation to the foundation.

Please call or text me at 928. 710 6429. I will also be at Thursday dinner and can receive your donation.

Thanks everyone!

Cori
Cori
user 9043273
Group Organizer
Prescott, AZ
Post #: 37
Hi folks! I want to let everyone know we have raised $500 for local families of the 19 firefighters who recently passed away.

Please let me know if you would like to contribute. THANK YOU to those who already gave!

I will be donating to United Phoenix Fire Fighters Association (our local fire department requested this so that 100% of donations go directly the families of the 19 men). I would like to give by Friday, so please call me at 928 710 6429 to arrange or mail your donation to:
Cori Burke
933 Yavapai Drive
Prescott 86303