Primal Living STL Message Board › Our paleo success

Our paleo success

Alex
user 12805523
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 43
Hey all,

In case you want to participate, put your "story" here. Keep it short and to the point, using specifics wherever possible.

I'll start.

After going on paleo I...

1) Healed a broken wrist after 3 years of chronic discomfort due to incomplete healing.
2) Broke a hand at wrestling practice and the orthopedic doc expressed surprise at how fast and completely it healed.
3) No longer have breakouts on my face and back like I used to.
4) No longer get headaches and almost never get sick.
Gary
user 17815931
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 2
Since going Paleo I have quit taking my 40mg statin drugs. At my last blood screening my HDL count was 50pts higher and my ratio had improved. I have also lost 2 inches from my waist yet I have maintained my proper weight.
Laura
missusg2
Group Organizer
Saint Peters, MO
Post #: 66

Alex, interesting endeavor. I recommend you send out an email to all members as I believe most members are not active on the discussion board.

Myself:

• Lost over 40 lbs and have maintained for 9 months
  • Cured a chronic toenail infection (without medication or treatment)
  • No longer suffer from (or experience remarkably improved symptoms of) a variety of mild, yet chronic, complaints including: cat allergy, occasional acne, ovarian cysts, back pain.

If I think of anything else I'll come back and add it
James
user 11326588
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 4
I have been paleo for 3 months.
I believe that I am healthier, sleep better, and have more energy.
I am 5' 10.5" tall and was 176 pounds. Now I am 162 pounds and seem to be easily growing muscles with the diet and walking, push-ups, pull-ups and planks.

In addition to the diet I take natural calm magnesium citrate before bed, vitamin D3, Selenium and I am taking currently a digestive aid that contains ox bile. The Magnesium Citrate is a miracle for sleep, my wife and a friend now take it and are sleeping and dreaming like babies.

I found out that I have Hashimotos and I am hoping that the diet and Selenium will lower the antibody count in my next blood test. Other than the high antibodies I don't think that I have any Hashimoto's symptoms except tiredness, but this has improved due to the diet and better sleep. wink
A former member
Post #: 16
Since "going Paleo" in May, 2011, I have lost 30 pounds, am no longer in pain from fibromyalgia/TMJ/Migraines/ Carpal Tunnel 24/7 (not gone, but certainly better), my dosage of thyroid has been lowered, brain fog is reduced, hair is thicker and receiving compliments again, skin is no longer dry. I still have trouble getting to sleep but am more rested when I wake.. and I don't need a nap in the middle of the day. I have returned to part time work and am now volunteering twice a month in addition to Yoga, swimming, walking.
A former member
Post #: 18
I started the Primal lifestyle in April 2011.
I have lost 15 pounds, which at 5'2", starting weight 125, is not significant or necessary, but is visible around the waist.
I feel better, sleep better, and have conquered Patella Femoral Syndrome which I was told had no cure but would require endless physical therapy. At 30, I was having trouble kneeling and standing up because of it, after 2 months of living primal, it's completely gone.
Back pain, joint pain, foot pain, headaches are gone.
I have more strength and muscle tone thanks to Crossfit.
I eat tastier, more efficient and ecologically sound food because of this lifestyle.
I've met some cool new friends, and my boyfriend says I'm hot. That's enough to make me a believer.
Melissa S
user 11900451
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 151
I began my paleo lifestyle back in mid-May of 2011 and have lost 35lbs!

More reasons I'm happy about this:

- I've toned up quite a bit
- I actually exercise much less than I did before (= more time for ME!)
- The maddening food cravings and binges have just vanished . . . : )
- Drive-thru's are no longer even a consideration
- Grocery shopping is much simpler
- Cooking is much simpler
- Compliments abound : )
- I have learned a lot about how and why my body reacts to food (half the battle!)
- I feel great!

Even given my predisposition to hibernate as soon as the air cools off in the fall, I've managed to keep the weight off. Spring is coming and "Phase II - the other 30 lbs" will soon begin : )

I am scheduled to have some yearly blood work done this month (adding all the tests recommended by Robb Wolf) and will report back with how it looks when I get the results.

However, the best part has been meeting such fun and interesting people : )
Timothy N.
user 22397721
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 38
I started eating a primal diet and lifestyle in June 2011. In that time I have:

• Lost 98lbs and counting
  • Dropped 8 pants sizes
  • Dropped 2 shirt sizes
  • Lowered blood pressure 40pts
  • Lowered resting heart rate 30pts
  • Cholesterol / Lipids results are "outstanding" according to my Doc
  • Hip / Knee / Ankle / Feet pain is gone after months of bare footing
  • I am running a 11 mile Tough Mudder (Wisconsin) endurance/obstacle competition later this year after being winded by simply walking up a single flight of stairs last year
  • Stopped taking Rx Allergy medications
  • Migraine headache frequency has dropped from 3-4/week to only TWO in the past SIX months.
  • I did not end up in the hospital or develop respiratory infections for the first winter in over 10 years
  • Junk food cravings died a long time ago
  • Shopping and food prep is easier
  • Bacon is amazing and I can eat it everyday guilt free
  • Sex drive has been higher / better than it was when I was a teenager

I am sure I can add more if needed.

:)
Gary
user 17815931
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 4
I started eating a primal diet and lifestyle in June 2011. In that time I have:

• Lost 98lbs and counting
  • Dropped 8 pants sizes
  • Dropped 2 shirt sizes
  • Lowered blood pressure 40pts
  • Lowered resting heart rate 30pts
  • Cholesterol / Lipids results are "outstanding" according to my Doc
  • Hip / Knee / Ankle / Feet pain is gone after months of bare footing
  • I am running a 11 mile Tough Mudder (Wisconsin) endurance/obstacle competition later this year after being winded by simply walking up a single flight of stairs last year
  • Stopped taking Rx Allergy medications
  • Migraine headache frequency has dropped from 3-4/week to only TWO in the past SIX months.
  • I did not end up in the hospital or develop respiratory infections for the first winter in over 10
  • Junk food cravings died a long time ago
  • Shopping and food prep is easier
  • Bacon is amazing and I can eat it everyday guilt free
  • Sex drive has been higher / better than it was when I was a teenager

I am sure I can add more if needed.

I know this isn't competition, but if it were, I believe we'd have our winner! Great job Tim!
Timothy N.
user 22397721
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 39
haha, thanks Gary... I started out in HORRIBLE condition so it really speaks to how bad off I let myself get over the past ten years.

All is getting MUCH better now though.