Primal Living STL Message Board › Spring Potluck Recipes

Spring Potluck Recipes

Laura
missusg2
Group Organizer
Saint Peters, MO
Post #: 107
The potluck was a success! Everyone who attended brought the most amazing food. As agreed we shall share our recipes in this discussion.
Thanks to each of you for joining Gary and me. We enjoyed hosting and shall have another one soon. Thank you in advance for sharing the recipes for your delectable dishes
Laura
missusg2
Group Organizer
Saint Peters, MO
Post #: 108
The recipe for the blueberry gummy squares I made can be found at this web site.
Laura
missusg2
Group Organizer
Saint Peters, MO
Post #: 109
Sausage Soup

1 pound loose ground sausage
5 Carrots, sliced
2 qt. broth or mixture or broth and water
1 onion, chopped
28 oz. Whole tomatoes, chopped or whipped to puree
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1 bunch Collards, cut off stems slice & chop into small shreds
½ tsp pepper
2 tsp salt
1 tsp Italian herb seasoning or to taste

Instructions

In large heavy soup pot, brown the sausage on medium heat. When just about browned add the onions and garlic, (add olive oil if sausage is lean). Continue to stir often over medium heat until onions soften. Add the water, tomatoes, carrots, collards and all seasonings. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes or longer to your preference.

You can use whatever veggies you have on hand. Sweet potatoes, asparagus, zucchini, green beans, kale, spinach. They all work, just add them in the pot at the appropriate time. For instance, zucchini add at the very end of simmering time or they will quickly overcook.

Top soup with a sprinkle parsley or basil and sliced toasted almonds.
Laura
missusg2
Group Organizer
Saint Peters, MO
Post #: 110
I posted instructions for making Kombucha ­HERE
Laci H.
user 14420168
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 106
Here is the blog post that I put together on Kombucha after Laura's workshop.

All the food was delicious! Thanks so much for sharing.

This is one of the recipes I used to base my Mango Macadamia Coconut Snacks off of.
carmen d.
user 59485162
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 1
here, if i did it right, is the link to nomnompaleo's world best braised cabbage. my special thanks to laura and gary for hosting the pot luck and to all for sharing your delicious creations. and thank you. laura, for the scobi. it awaits only a trip to tj's for the right sugar.
carmen
carmen d.
user 59485162
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 2
that didn't work. here's the address:
http://nomnompaleo.co...­
carmen
Thomas
user 13419184
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 2
Note rather than making my own vanilla extract as the author suggests, I chose to omit it from the recipe.

Key Lime Pie

Crust:
1 cup macadamia nuts
1 cup pecans
6 pitted dates
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Filling:
3/4 cup lime juice
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 cup avocado
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut oil
pinch of salt

1. Place dates in the food processor and process until they become a paste. Add nuts and remaining ingredients and process until crumbly.
2. Pat the mixture down into spring form pan and up the sides creating a thick crust. (Can alternatively be placed into sheet pans and served in squares.)
3. Blend filling ingredients in blender until smooth. Pour into piecrust. Place in freezer and freeze for 3 hours.
4. When you are ready to serve, remove the freezer and let sit for 1 hour before serving to soften. Garnish if desired.

Wendy
user 39272132
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 3
These all look delicious. Thanks so much for sharing the recipes!
Kathy B.
user 80185212
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 3
Thanks for sharing the recipes. I wasn't able to go but hope to make the next one!