This Self Empowerment Workshop is especially designed for singles, whether we are single by chance or choice, for a short or a long time, to empower us to move beyond cultural norms and thrive in our lives whether we are single, coupled, or any variation we design.
In this 2-hour workshop you'll be empowered to:
Take a closer look at the cultural messages around coupling and singlehood,
• Learn about two newly researched stereotypes: Singlism and couplemania, and
• Practice powerful tools to counteract those stereotypes by separating our needs from our strategies.
You will leave this workshop with:
• Renewed confidence to create happiness in your life,
• The courage to design relationships as diverse as you are,
• Greater awareness of cultural messages that contribute to distress, and
• More compassion in your life directed toward self and others.
The logistics of the workshop:
• Wednesday, May 29, 7:00 - 9:00 PM
• Valencia Gardens, 390 Valencia St @ 15th Street, SF
• Free with a request for donations
• Can't make this date but interested? Join my email list
About the facilitator: Rachel A. Buddeberg facilitates the Self Empowerment Workshop as a 2-hour stand-alone and as an offer at retreats. She has been researching stereotypes against singles since 2007. Her latest project advocates counteracting stereotypes through changing the way we live our relationships and through healing shame, the manifestation of internalized stereotypes. She combines compassionate communication (NVC), philosophy, social psychology, and interpersonal neurobiology to guide people to heal life-alienating cultural messages and transform our lives. To find out more about her work, please check out www.yourlifeisagarden.com