align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Project Paddle Milwaukee Message Board › down town milwaukee river put in??

down town milwaukee river put in??

Joe
user 10598711
Henderson, NV
Post #: 12
I would like to explore the milwaukee river down town. I know the water is nasty, but it has got to be cool paddling around among all the big buildings, etc... Anyone have any advice about the rules or regulations on the river through down town?? Also, where is a good spot to put in?
Ken B.
kbraband
Green Bay, WI
Post #: 2
I would like to explore the milwaukee river down town. I know the water is nasty, but it has got to be cool paddling around among all the big buildings, etc... Anyone have any advice about the rules or regulations on the river through down town?? Also, where is a good spot to put in?

I've been canoeing and kayaking for about 30 years but only recently joined Meetup, so here's a very delayed response to your question. There are several places to launch. One is the Milwaukee Rowing Club at 1990 North Commerce Street. This is a free public launch. The floating dock is taken out each winter, so you can't launch there until they reinstall the dock sometime this spring. Be sure to close the gate again. Another spot is the Bruce Street Boat Ramp. This is county property and a launch fee is required. A map of other locations can be downloaded here: http://www.mkeriverke...­
Barbara H.
user 12245228
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 1
There's also a spot a few blocks south of WI Ave., sort of across from the market area--not real convenient, although there's a parking lot fairly close. That put in spot gets you closer to the harbor if you're wanting to get out there.
Over the last few years I've paddled and kayaked that area. It's good to see all the improvements going on to this area. There are also quite a few restaurant/bars that have spots where you can tie up and stop if you're interested.
The water isn't nearly as bad as it used to be.
Barb