addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Project Paddle Milwaukee Message Board › 6-27-10 OMG this was the craziest thing I've ever done!

6-27-10 OMG this was the craziest thing I've ever done!

A former member
Post #: 1
Skillet Creek that eventually flows into to Pewit’s Nest, Baraboo WI - 2 miles in 3 hours that consisted of one large duel 6 foot cow fence, two many downed trees that you had to climb over that I can't remember how many, several large damns from downed trees 2 to 4 feet high, of course ya had to climb over and pull the kayak over as well, low rocky spots that you had to stand up and drag the kayak. Wait it gets better. 6 water falls ranging from 6 feet to 20 feet that needed to walk the kayak down and climb along the canyon wall, watched my kayak go down 3 out of the 6 of the water falls unmanned, jumped off a 10-15 foot cliff/ water fall into the river, climbed straight up 40 foot canyon wall, with my fair share of spider and mosquito bites. No injuries until we decided to end the trip 6 miles short at County Road W. While dragging the kayak in a hiding spot I ran smack dab into some barb wire ripping almost 2 inch gash on my shin bone. Bleeding like a son of a gun. We decided to ask someone for a ride back to the car. Three nice kids gave Dave a ride back to the truck. This trip also started off with a bicycle ride from the car to the kayaks that we dropped at the stating point. I'm not sure how far but it took us a good 45 min. Great views and great times but definitely once in a life time. We needed more updated info on the river.

Any ideas on where to go next? Maybe not so much work involved.